Awning upright attachments

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
leisurewize
It will be difficult. The uprights which run top to bottom have to anchor somewhere at the the top of the awning or its upper rail. Does yours?At ground level,I merely put a peg into the ground under the caravan , attach a flexible guy line which pulls the bottom of the upright towards the lower caravan side. On the Izzy the upright attaches directly to the roof rail . It can again be adjusted to force the upright tight to the caravan side. Hope this helps

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
yes to get the upright poles closer to the van
My Dorema porch awning had poles close to the van. Each one fixed into a corner joint and between the two corner joints was the rear horizontal adjustable roof pole. The two vertical rear corner poles had no other method of attachment to get them close to the caravan. The two rear poles also had to butt up to a vertical foam filled cushioned section that abutted the caravan sidewall. It was this that stopped draughts and prevented the ingress of rain.
The vertical rear poles did not move once in position as the top was constrained by the roof corner pieces and the bottom had a short spike which went into the ground and being adjustable the tension in the vertical poles prevented them moving away from the caravan.

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
My Dorema porch awning had poles close to the van. Each one fixed into a corner joint and between the two corner joints was the rear horizontal adjustable roof pole. The two vertical rear corner poles had no other method of attachment to get them close to the caravan. The two rear poles also had to butt up to a vertical foam filled cushioned section that abutted the caravan sidewall. It was this that stopped draughts and prevented the ingress of rain.
The vertical rear poles did not move once in position as the top was constrained by the roof corner pieces and the bottom had a short spike which went into the ground and being adjustable the tension in the vertical poles prevented them moving away from the caravan.
i think i will try a flexy guy rope and thanks for advice

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Have you considered the Kampa Limpet system to fix the awning to the caravan wall to eliminate draughts?
The design of my caravan means that the awning covers part of the front nearside window so, an upright pole was never an option. I initially bought the Kampa Limpets along with the hole punch so I could position suction cups above and below the window. There are cheaper alternatives to the Limpets available that work just as well.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Have you considered the Kampa Limpet system to fix the awning to the caravan wall to eliminate draughts?
The design of my caravan means that the awning covers part of the front nearside window so, an upright pole was never an option. I initially bought the Kampa Limpets along with the hole punch so I could position suction cups above and below the window. There are cheaper alternatives to the Limpets available that work just as well.

yes seen these will do more investigating,problem is the skin of caravan is bubble effect and not sure if the suction cups would grip...thanks

Reactions: Paullus1959

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts