I need to buy an awning(935mm)

Thinking of a Dorema Poloris with alloy frame,mainly because of the price Approx £450

Would apreciate any info on quality of Dorema or if I can buy cheaper

many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi chris,

We bought the next modle up form the polaris only two weeks ago, On erecting the thing one of the zips came undone, we tempararily fixed it, however on the next night we had a strong wind but nothing too serious. We awoke to find the awning destroyed canvas riped in six places and three of the steel poles bent.... Took it back to barrons who were great about the situation. We have now bought a more expensive inca model.... hope itS worh it...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at NR Awnings http://home.btconnect.com/nrawnings/prices.htm

Ours came from them Superb Quality & Service to die for prices arnt bad either Ours was ordered 3:00 Wednesday it was on our door step 09:15 Thursday morning (Yup the day after).

Martin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have to agree with Martin about NR. Ours is a 16' Pullman which we got in a sale from Camping & General (Canvey Island). Cost us less than

May 4, 2005
Visit site
We have Dorema Sirocco that we bought last year & we are well impressed, easy to put up considering the price range good quality.

Sam

May 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris,

We bought the Dorema Poloris in 2002 from Towsure.co.uk, delivered in less than 4 days and has served us well. Only had the steel poles though. We use it everytime we go away (9 times last year, so far no problems. I think as with anything you can have a faulty item, I think perhaps loftyboy was unlucky. I don't think we paid over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
dorema are a good make,isabella are also excellent awnings but dont justify the price tag for me.

the guy who actually has dorema awnings left isabella (so im led to believe )to run his own business making awnings with as near good quality and at a lot less cost as he thought as everyone else, isabella to expensive.at the end of the day its down to personal preference and alot of the time cost,paying a lot of money does not always say its the best(isabella might think different)so go for what you want.have a good look at awnings and judge for yourself

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We had a Bradcot Classic, but changed to a Dorema Cardinal 3 years ago when we bought a longer 'van.

If I change again it would be for a Bradcot. The Dorema build quality is terrible in comparison. Two zips failed on the first trip out. The tension is all wrong in the fabric which causes sagging, (yes I am putting it up correctly thank you), and the rain runs off the roof directly above both 'doors'. Oh and the caravan skirt is incorrectly sewn together. It is quite easy to put up though with the alloy frame.

I'd gladly swap it for another Classic given the chance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive had 2 (app 4-5 YEARS old)dorema awnings and had no bother with either,both erected perfectly with no sagging and quality was second to none,HOWEVER,i have noticed that on a lot of forums,magazines etc,that theres a lot of people out there who have bought awnings from dorema, in the last couple of years,this year especially the quality of these awnings seem to have deterioated rapidly.you are always going to get 1 or 2(which when you pay a lot of money you should't)duff awnings,i would imagine someone somewhere has always got a gripe about what they have bought,but this seems unpresidented with awnings as far as i know.i hope someone from dorema takes note of this and takes all these comments ito cinsideration as there is far to many people complaining about their awnings

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ive had 2 (app 4-5 YEARS old)dorema awnings and had no bother with either,both erected perfectly with no sagging and quality was second to none,HOWEVER,i have noticed that on a lot of forums,magazines etc,that theres a lot of people out there who have bought awnings from dorema, in the last couple of years,this year especially the quality of these awnings seem to have deterioated rapidly.you are always going to get 1 or 2(which when you pay a lot of money you should't)duff awnings,i would imagine someone somewhere has always got a gripe about what they have bought,but this seems unpresidented with awnings as far as i know.i hope someone from dorema takes note of this and takes all these comments ito cinsideration as there is far to many people complaining about their awnings
Thats maybe why some people, like myself justify spending a bit more for another make of awning that you were quick enough to frown upon in your earlier post.Make your mind up,because some of us do a bit of research before a purchase, does'nt mean we're in the habit of throwing money away, nor do I criticise what another person would choose to buy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thats maybe why some people, like myself justify spending a bit more for another make of awning that you were quick enough to frown upon in your earlier post.Make your mind up,because some of us do a bit of research before a purchase, does'nt mean we're in the habit of throwing money away, nor do I criticise what another person would choose to buy.
hey geordie where have i critised,where have i frowned upon

ive not criticised anybody for buying what they want, its up to every individual what they want to buy and what they want to pay for it,nobody is knocking the product just the price you have to pay(isabella are a well made awning i dont dispute that i never said they were anything else),dorema were when they first come out when i bought one, the best for the money on the market,isabella were twice the price and as far as i was concerned(i am allowed to have an opinion)not justifiable.as far as some of you doing research as what to buy,so do i,as i and you and everyone else would be stupid not to,nobody can afford to throw good money away,and if an individual decides that he or she wants to spend there money on something that they think is worth the money then thats fine.this forum is all about seeking advice and thoughts of others about products they have experience of,i would never criticise anybody

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris we used to have a full awning that was a Dorema and it was a pain putting it up i hated it, so when we bought a newer caravan we decide to go for a Isabella Magnum porh awning actually its 1/4 smaller and as we have bought a larger caravan it is about 4 ft smaller. It cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris, I think Ventura awnings are worth a look. I have had a "full" and a "porch" for 3 years and they have been great. I think they are manufactured in Denmark and distributed by Isabella. Certainly the address for Ventura is the same for Isabella. Denmark is hardly a third world country and I don't think Isabella would want to be associated with a poor product. Best Wishes, George T.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi there

its nr awnings for us every time very good qaulity and very resonablie.service second to none.our van is on a sesonal pitch so our awning has to contend with all weathers.totally recommend

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts