awnings

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Would like some advice on what awning to buy ! have not got that much money,maybe a cheap new one or more expensive second hand ! would like to use the awning all seasons(apart from gale force winds) !! which ones can be packed away wet,which are easy to up ( have got two toddlers to trash our van while me and hubby are holding poles all over the show !!)

thanks for your help ! !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For many years my wife and I had a Harrison awning made in Bristol and it served us very well. We sold the van with the awning three years ago and the present owners are still using the same awning. It was basic compared to the luxurey models available but was all we could afford at the time. WE never experienced any problems and it never leaked. We always dried it out when arriving home if it was to be packed for some time. It is necessary to do this with all awnings as mould could set in and rot the material over a period of time. Why not have a look at their web site and brochure -nothing to lose. Good luck with caravaning and enjoy the hobby even with "two toddlers trashing the van".

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Tina, We are brand new to caravaning and after a great deal of deliberation we went for the dorema madison. Which we are very happy with,it is well made and looks good. It also has clips which do not require you to drill into the van. it comes with a built in storm strap which you can buy the attachments for However you may need a baby sitter for the kids, we put it up for the first time this weekend and provided 5 hours entertainment for the whole site. The instructions are complete but it is best to read them completely, I as a man of course do not need them but Gill insisted but translated assemble the frame components as assemble the frame. As a result the frame would not clip into the connectors and had to be taken apart. As directed we had unzipped all the doors and here lies the fatal mistake. When I put them back in I put the front doors in the wrong holes and no amount of adjustment would make the thing right. The next door expert came round and after an hour or two his wife wandered round looking for him, took one look and told us what we had done. Much muttering and a simple question like why couldnt you see that set the tone for the weekend!!!!!. Thank godness for a seasonal pitch we only need to do it once a year!!! where we to tour we would need an awning bed annex for the relate counsellor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts