back from the med

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Well, were back, apprcaited all your help and advice.

Not a sun seeker but just wanted to go somewhere different. Yes, we now know where not to go, I lalways react to bites ever since my first visit to the vendee.

they are starting to go now, only thing is when I scratch by accident i have to mop up the bleeding.. My ankle swelling has gonr down and with the bite on my chin the underneath had swollen up and really hurt also my right calf had swollen with the bites....
Hubby and caity suffered aswell but not as much...managed to have a reasonable time but below the knees were quite bad especially when my calf tured purple..

But never again, I heard its the females who bite and they do this to get iron and protein for laying their eggs... I think they just smelt fresh meat......
Chalking it up, may stick to pyranees next year....

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Many and various are the anti-mosquito reccomendations but my wife takes vitamin B tablets, one a day, and has not been bitten in the three months since we moved to south eastern Spain. Big advantage is she takes them at a set time so has no further worries for the rest of the day.
Some people here ask visitors to bring Marmite, Kellogs Corn Flakes, baked beans, tea bags, whatever. We ask them to bring vitamin B tabs. Probably makes them feel like drugs mules.

TRENDING THREADS