Insurance renewal

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Just got our insurance renewal from Caravan Guard. Up £40 on last year at £661.

Not in any clubs, and don't want to join. Any alternative insurance company you'd recommend for a comparison?

Thanks

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just got our insurance renewal from Caravan Guard. Up £40 on last year at £661.

Not in any clubs, and don't want to join. Any alternative insurance company you'd recommend for a comparison?

Thanks
They have a sound reputation and at only £40 increase I would stay with Caravanguard.

Safeguard, Towergate will give comparisons.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRT and Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just what is going on with insurance companies? Our towcar insurance is due 15June, when we will be in France so need to renew before we go, last year paid £296 with LV through Lloyds Bank, they have aked for renewal at £788, only changes are that the car is a year older as are both drivers,so went on comparison site and got quote for £395 with ...........................................................LV..............but it didn't end there because by adding wifes licence details quote came down to £371 with more cover with Allianz, so punch in the details go to the Allianz site and get welcome page, Welcome to Allianz Insurance part of LV YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP !

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just what is going on with insurance companies? Our towcar insurance is due 15June, when we will be in France so need to renew before we go, last year paid £296 with LV through Lloyds Bank, they have aked for renewal at £788, only changes are that the car is a year older as are both drivers,so went on comparison site and got quote for £395 with ...........................................................LV..............but it didn't end there because by adding wifes licence details quote came down to £371 with more cover with Allianz, so punch in the details go to the Allianz site and get welcome page, Welcome to Allianz Insurance part of LV YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP !
I’ve heard similar stories wrt LV since they became part of Aiilanz. We have home and car insurance directly with LV. Our cars are due renewal in October. The premiums went up substantially last renewal, but when I looked around both on comparison sites and by contacting companies that don’t use comparison sites LV were still the cheapest.

But if they try it on at next renewal they may find a customer whose been with them since year dot (Frizzels) may be going elsewhere , just like I recently severed our custom with EE as , landline, ISP and mobile provider since 1999. Loyalty only goes so far.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Other Clive, I just find it frustrating that the same company can have so many different prices for what is basically the same cover, the Allianz policy offered more in that it inclued a courtesy car and a lower excess, The renewal from LLoyds at £788 was out of the question or maybe Lloyds are moving out of motor insurance and it was a considered decision to discourage customers from renewing either way it leaves me wondering what sort of world these companies move in, or is it that they are so big and have so many divisions, that one part in effect competes with the other, and no human being is aware of what is going on,or may be I am wrong and there are no humans involved, an dit is all AI

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been changing between LV and Aviva for the last few years, each time the renewal goes up I change back to the other company. No sense in it at all.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Aviva cover increased by £100 this year. Shopping around no one could beat them! But no human only AI😥
Bring back the good old overseas Call Centres🤪
And thank goodness I don’t have a JLR. Insurance for them is so expensive JLR have set up their own car insurance scheme for,their customers

Reactions: woodsieboy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The £40 increase s to me quite reasonable given the level of rises elsewhere. They are one of the best and I would certainly not think walking for that sum is sensible. Do not be tempted by very cheap alternatives,, you get what you pay for and if it has not got five star DEFAQTO rating something is probably missing.

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments. Will renew with caravan guard. Luckily read small print and the policy excludes European cover. Planning a trip to France so glad I checked. Will call them to add it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts