BACK TO THE FUTURE

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello fellow explorers.We have returned to caravanning now that we are retired from work but not from life. The vans have changed since we did it before.We now have all the comforts of home but the view from the window is constantly changing.Now we have the time to really use the van and go where we like.The one thing that stays the same is the wonderful and interesting people we meet.We are amazed at the number of caravans and motorhomes out and about at all times of the day and night.

ITS GOOD TO BE BACK

SANDRA and ROBERT

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sandra,

We took up caravanning 10years ago on retiral and have never looked back.It's great to go in the quiet times.......we are off for a few days tomorrow,and with the frosty nights starting up here in Scotland I think a hot water bottle might be an idea!!

Welcome to the forum and happy caravanning for the future.

Maureen

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sandra and Robert,

Welcome back to caravanning.We had a break from caravanning for 4 years and were amazed at the change in caravans.Although not retired(kids grown up and left home),we have now started to use our caravan more and more.We both still work full time but we now go away for weekends usually within 1/11/2 hrs from home.

Enjoy

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Thank you very much for your kind words.It just proves how right I was about the good people who go caravanning and camping.

We will be packing our hotwater bottles too_Off to Lancashire for 10 days.Dont mind the cold but hate the wet.Hopefully we are going to take the van to Spain in January 2008 till end of March.

Lots of planning needed.Just returned from first trip to France.

Got the bug now,itchy feet!!!

Sandra

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Pat,get that ferry booked and get yourself across the channel to France believe me you will not regret except that you will not want to caravan here againg it will spoil you,as the roads are quieter and nicer to drive on many things,fuel and wine are much cheaper and the sites in most cases are much superior to here.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Well done Sandra.Since we've been back caravanning apart from holidaying here we now travel abroad mainly Belgium & france.Wish I could travel there a lot more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts