BAILEY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Sep 12, 2005
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who has had any bad treatment regarding BAILEY CUSTOMER SERVICE? I am still waiting after 6 weeks for an oven modification kit to be delivered to the service centre. I am going to ring and wipe the floor with them tomorrow, just wondered if anyone had any similar treatment?

andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, before you go head bashing, make sure that it is Bailey at fault. I had problems before and they turned out to be dealer related, so I would be a little sceptical about what they say. Phone Bailey by all means but be open minded about it.

G

Andrew,

I've e-mailed Bailey customer service on a couple of occasions and have had very polite, prompt responses on both occasions.
You want to try Eldiss. *"!?*^~#

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew,

I've e-mailed Bailey customer service on a couple of occasions and have had very polite, prompt responses on both occasions.
I must say I am a fan of Bailey service and their dealers.

I am surprised you are having problems.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I must say I am a fan of Bailey service and their dealers.

I am surprised you are having problems.
Bailey helpline is superb. I emailed about the oven mod for my louisiana in early Jan 06 from my campsite in New zealand and the mod was on my doorstep when I arrived home just over a week later!

They have provided numerous other items just as efficiently too.

J L

Jun 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

A good news story, I read this thread on Friday afternoon and decided to email Bailey via the website to ask them to solve a problem for me.

I have copy and pasted the email I sent them below, all the details are true.

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Bailey Pageant Bretagne chassis number ****************, the van is second hand however I would request your help to solve a problem I have.

The van was purchased new on 3rd February 2006 from Salop Caravans by Mr ********* who towed the van to storage on a farm and it remained unused since approximately two weeks later Mr ********** was tragically killed. His widow ******* decided to sell the caravan and I purchased it from her on May 19th 2006 (the van is registered with CRIS in my name).

I have contacted yourselves via telephone and confirmed that the caravan was manufactured before September 2005 so I understand that I cannot transfer the warranty which is disappointing however upon using the caravan for the first time I noticed that the side dinette table was missing. I searched all over the van and also contacted my local Bailey dealer APK Leisure in Burton on Trent to see if there was a "hiding" place for it. I confirmed that there was not.

Mrs ******** telephoned Salop Caravans to request them to provide a table only to be told that the delivery docket was ticked that the table was present upon delivery and they could do nothing.

Understandably Mrs ********* is not minded to argue with Salop about this but there is no reason for Mrs ********* to have removed the table since it was apparent when she gave me the keys that actually being present with the van made her very upset, the van has not been broken into or left insecure since its purchase.

I have been told by APK Leisure that a replacement table will cost me approx

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

A good news story, I read this thread on Friday afternoon and decided to email Bailey via the website to ask them to solve a problem for me.

I have copy and pasted the email I sent them below, all the details are true.

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Bailey Pageant Bretagne chassis number ****************, the van is second hand however I would request your help to solve a problem I have.

The van was purchased new on 3rd February 2006 from Salop Caravans by Mr ********* who towed the van to storage on a farm and it remained unused since approximately two weeks later Mr ********** was tragically killed. His widow ******* decided to sell the caravan and I purchased it from her on May 19th 2006 (the van is registered with CRIS in my name).

I have contacted yourselves via telephone and confirmed that the caravan was manufactured before September 2005 so I understand that I cannot transfer the warranty which is disappointing however upon using the caravan for the first time I noticed that the side dinette table was missing. I searched all over the van and also contacted my local Bailey dealer APK Leisure in Burton on Trent to see if there was a "hiding" place for it. I confirmed that there was not.

Mrs ******** telephoned Salop Caravans to request them to provide a table only to be told that the delivery docket was ticked that the table was present upon delivery and they could do nothing.

Understandably Mrs ********* is not minded to argue with Salop about this but there is no reason for Mrs ********* to have removed the table since it was apparent when she gave me the keys that actually being present with the van made her very upset, the van has not been broken into or left insecure since its purchase.

I have been told by APK Leisure that a replacement table will cost me approx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have had a lot of problem with are van and the last time something went wrong the dealer said we would have to pay for it, because it might be frost damage, so I phoned Bailey and they said I could have the part free!

Good old Bailey.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
First contact with Bailey customer services last week by e mail. We are buying a new Bretangue,layout is different to our current caravan, one of our sons has autistic spectrum disorder, can find change difficult sometimes, asked Bailey if they had some photographs of the inside of the Betangue so that we could show them to our son. Lovely response by return of e mail, photographs arrived within 2 days with a nice note. well done Bailey. Annette

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have found Bailey to be good and to dispatch items quickly - bed struts, plastic channel above hob.

Also quick to dispatch paperwork to assist registering a van in France.

Sometimes though, it is part suppliers - there are problems with the Truma gas egulator used on post 04 vans.

From reading peoples experiences with other manufacturers Bailey are excellent.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Well customer service is the one thing that stands out when you need help. I hope to god Bailey are good as I will be taking delivery of a new Senetor Carolina in 2 weeks as soon as they have the air conditioning fitted.

Steve

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Steve

Are Bailey's fitting the air con. unit? I asked them about air conditioning in a Burgundy, and they told me that it would have to be the dealer who does that. I may have mistaken her for saying that they could not give me a price on the air con. unit but I thought Baileys did not fit air con units. Would be interesting to know if they do.

Out of interest what type are you having Steve? My husband was very keen on having one installed.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson

You are correct, Bailey do not fit Air con units, Its a dealer fit. HOWEVER, the dealer has to be an approved Bailey service centre as they need to obtain the caravan drawings and need to gain approval from Bailey to fit a unit to keep the warranty.

As the van is a big twin axle we are having the Dometic / Electrolux Blizzard 2100 fitted. The dealer can size the air con unit but to check the size go to the swift group web site, select a van of the same size as yours and click on price options. The size of AC will be in the list.

It is interesting to note that Bailey do not supply Air con but they do provide the ducting in the roof of their vans that is big enough for the cables required, and on our van there is a 400x400 mm frame hidden in the roof for a unit which means we keep the existing fan as well. Something that other manufacturers seem to not do.

Because we are ordering from a big dealer we have been very lucky. They stock a few Bailey vans and they have a Carolina in that was intended as a show van but is going straight to us. No waiting list..... :)

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thay's interesting as I can remember a posting that said that Bailey had stated that the roof was not strong enough to take air con just as they had told me that it was not possible to fit/retro fit a full size Heki roof light in place of the mini Heki over the fixed bed in the Oklahoma for the same reason.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Very odd John

The dealer has already fitted one to another Carolina and this is done under the warranty scheme as Bailey are contacted for the info. Contact Chichester Caravans in Bromsgrove and ask them as they are the dealer who are doing mine.

As for the roof not being strong enough, odd that as its a fully bonded construction that has several people standing on it in the poster at the dealers. Someone may have been telling you porkies John.

As another note, the hand book for your van should have the amp draw figure for Air con in it. The Carolina one does and why put that in if its not possible to fit one?

The only other possibility is that the roof light you want is too big and will cut into a structural support, where the AC only needs a 400x400 hole that is pre framed.

Steve

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
OK you got me worried for a sec, so off I went and phoned bailey. They confirm that the roof has a dedicated support for Aircon and that the dealer will be issued drawings to show exactly where to cut to gain acess to the electrics and mounting points.

What does seem odd to me is the fact that Bailey do not offer this as a factory option. But hell, they sell a lot of vans so they must be doing somthing right

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Did not wish to cause alarm and my reaction at the time was the same as yours and I cast doubt on the validity of the adds showing people standing on the roof but I remember comments from a regular contributor along the lines of static weight loads as against dynamic ones when subject to towing stresses.

Bailey do not seem to want to part from the norm in production and who can blame them when its a 6 month waiting period.

It is interesting to have the information but I can not find the original posting ---Bailey won't show up for me in any category when searching--must be doing something wrong.

All I can say is that I hope that your Bailey is as much joy to you as ours is.We have just spent 5 weeks in it in Brittany with no problems at all and are totally satisfied with the product (well 'er indoors would be if it had a big Heki over the bed!!)

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Watson(johnG)

Trying using a wild card, if your not sure what this is:-

type in Bailey then leave a space and then put in a * then press search it will search all the forums.

Hope you find it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Watson(johnG)

Trying using a wild card, if your not sure what this is:-

type in Bailey then leave a space and then put in a * then press search it will search all the forums.

Hope you find it.
Thanks Alyson --its working now but I'm not doing anything different and I still can't find it !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts