bailey discovery

Jan 27, 2006
Visit site
hi does anybody own a bailey discovery 100 or 200

i am thinking of buying one ( my first van ) and was wandering what these light weight low price vans are like. as they are lighter than most will they snake more or not

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Simon, I own a 2004 Discovery 300, not a current model, they dropped it last year but similar weight to 200, 1156kgs MTPLM. I tow with a 2005 Skoda Octavia diesel at approx 80% and have never suffered instability as long as I get noseweight right. The caravan can take 100kgs, but the car only 75kgs so I have to aim for the lower and it needs to be spot on for optimum stability, get it at 70kgs and you will know it at speeds over 40mph. Otherwise caravan has been perfect, couple of niggles when new but sorted very quickly by dealer, we would definitely have another when time comes. Ian

Jan 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi Simon, I own a 2004 Discovery 300, not a current model, they dropped it last year but similar weight to 200, 1156kgs MTPLM. I tow with a 2005 Skoda Octavia diesel at approx 80% and have never suffered instability as long as I get noseweight right. The caravan can take 100kgs, but the car only 75kgs so I have to aim for the lower and it needs to be spot on for optimum stability, get it at 70kgs and you will know it at speeds over 40mph. Otherwise caravan has been perfect, couple of niggles when new but sorted very quickly by dealer, we would definitely have another when time comes. Ian
ian as im new to this and dont really understand can you explain a bit more for me about getting the nose weight right and how you do it. i dont really understand the % bit how its calculated.

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts