Bailey - Help please

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Am going to buy a new triple bunk 6 berth and have narrowed it to either Bailey Pageant Bretagne S7 or Bailey Olympus 546. Both 2010. Bretange can be very slightly cheaper but is effectivly old technology but then again is 4" wider.
Reason for choosing Bailey is that they are only ones with sliding partition rather than curtain across end bedroom.
Any thoughts/help welcome

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The Bailey Pegasus series 2 is launched next week and the range includes a six berth model. Some caravan dealers are offering discounts and deals including free motor movers on some current Pegasus models but the offers end around 17th January.
Theres a 2011 Bailey Pegasus 546 triple bunk six berth on offer for £15870 including the special offer deal
Here so the price is comparable with a six berth Olympus.
Personally I'd go with the new technology, water ingress is the biggest destroyer of caravans and Alu Tec built caravans offer a ten year guarantee against this.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
My 2004 senator is 7' 2".
I have no problem with it.
smiley-laughing.gif

why caravans are now wider, i don't know.
Unless its to make it more difficult to navigate narrow roads?
Or increase drag while towing?
Make home storage more difficult perhaps?
smiley-yell.gif

Or maybe wider caravans cater for the larger person?
smiley-surprised.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Rinty
Just to follow on from Parksy , don't forget the residual vaue of the Olympus is likely to be greater than the Bretagne.
Also choose your dealer carefully. What part of the country do you reside in?

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
As a previous owner of a Bretagne S7 here are my thoughts.

When we got the Bretagne, we looked at the GT60 540/6 (7' 2" wide same layout), we found the 4" narrower body of the GT60 made it very cramped between the washroom & the kitchen. It also made it harder to get into the bottom bunk which we did use for adults on a couple of occasions. The Bretagne also has an upgraded fridge, extractor fan & standard chest.

However, for the £1000 extra I would go for a brand new Olympus rather than a used Bretagne.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
post no gone through so again, there warenty is very good the boady is dent proff and you can stand on roff there boady is nearly screw less so i am told .large van but still light and keept same tow car got mine frome venture at daventry (broad lane )as was and they have been great not that ive needed them some cracking deals at the moment as every one is finding it hard so it could be a good time .

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
OK - finally getting to the 'end game'. I can get a new Bretagne or a new Olympus 546 for the same price. Bretagne is old tech but wider. Also looking round the Olympus in the dealer I noticed a lot of small 'snags'. eg poorly finished timber under seats etc, plastic catch to one of front lockers broken, drip onto front window cill inside, sliding door was stiff/stuck. Lots of brass screws with no cover caps on view. Bretagne felt more traditional but also more robust. Would welcome any views in particular about finish of Olympus.
Thanks

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi rinty.
We have the olympus 534 and must say the van is excellent, we have had no problems from taking delivery what so ever. I personaly would go for the olympus as it will hold its value more being the new alu tech construction which i think is excellent. As for the van you looked at was it a display model? As the timber framing around our seats and fixed bed areas are fine and well finished.

Dougie......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts