Bailey Indiana

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
My Indiana is my third Bailey and the best one yet. A few minor problems but nothing dramatic. Nothing like some of the delivery problems you hear about with some other,more expensive vans.

I understand Baileys are bringing out a Pageant with the same layout.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
David

I had a look at these recently and overall they look very good. The fittings seem of high quality and the one I looked at had a domestic door lock on the toilet (nice touch)

Couple of things come to mind, none that is a problem.

1, with their cometative prices, will this drop second hand values when its time to change

2, I am 5'10" tall, and I found myself feeling nurvous about the roof being low. This may just be a feeling due to internal colours, but I never felt like this in other vans

Steve

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
we recieved our indiana on the 20/sept/05, and took it to Cirencester for a few days to try it out ,the first thing we noticed was the water pump sounds like a machine gun ,only one speaker worked on the radio ,the micro wave didnt work and it also kept tripping the site electrics until i took the front panel off and pulled the plug out ,i was told it will take 5 weeks to get a new microwave ,also if you have a windy night the screen in the mini heki roof light above the bed will keep you awake at night as it flaps about it sounds like something banging the caravan ,also there is no indication when the inboard water tank is full, the only indication is when it overflows underneath the van

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
I've written before about the Indiana tank (Equipment & Accessories Page 5 at present) and have modified mine. The problem with the pump isn't a Bailey one - it's a Whale Pumps one. I wrote to them on the 29th September regarding the pump and got a response saying that my query had been passed to "Quality Control" and they would contact me. I'd had no response by Monday so wrote again - same response so Whale Pumps obviously have no interest in customer comments. In the meantime I've modified mine and mounted it on rubber blocks which does reduce the noise considerably but why should users have to do this.

Other than this, our Indiana has been mainly trouble free. The chopping board went banana shaped (replaced under guarantee), the handle on the drawer above the heater has melted due to the heat from the fire when the fan isn't running and the flue pipe cover still pops out of it's securing fasteners. Oh and I mustn't forget the porch light that stopped working due to the rubbish connectors that Bailey use.

However, it seems that poor quality is the norm with the UK caravan industry and I gather that Bailey are at the better end so far as quality is concerned. I've got no real complaints and am just being "picky".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad that you have sorted the pump Paul and will bear in mind what you have done when we get the Oklahoma (now build week 1).

On the present van I fitted the Shurflow pump and left it just attached to the pipes with a car wash sponge underneath for the same reason.

I also fitted it in a tray with a drain to the outside and this ensured that it never leaked---s*d's law !!!

May 5, 2005
Visit site
we ordered one at the Malvern show and its due for delivery at the end of Feb If thats all the probs we get I will be delighted had to have a new floor in our sterling van after a year

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts