BAILEY ORION 430/4 AWNING

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi anyone out there who can give me advice on an awning on the above.
just taken delivery on our first caravan and a bit confused on what awning
Thinking of a full awning with detachable sides ?
Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your awning size is 929cm for that van. I have an Isabella Capri Lux which is 925cm and fits OK. I think most awnings have a range + or - their given size. I.e. if your van is 929cm, an awning of 925cm will probable fit 915 - 935 with ease. Best to check with the manufacturer or dealer when you have decided which awning you would like. If you don't mind a used one, there are some good bargains out there if you look. You may, as is the case with the Orions awning rail, have to change the pads on the pole Fixon Brackets. If your buying new, the dealer will change the pads for the correct ones and also a wheel arch cover which is secured with the wheel arch rubber strip thats on the Orion. This is the case with Isabella, not sure of other makes such as Pyramid or Bradcot etc. Check when buying. If you look at this blog, http://bobbaileyorionblog.blogspot.co.uk/ you will see he uses an Isabella Major porch awning. I had an Isabella Minor porch awning with my previous van but decided against using it on the Orion and went for a full awning which dosen't intrude on doors or windows, and doesn't take that much longer to put up than a porch, it weights more though at approx 35Kg with Carbon frame. The dealer where you bought your van may also sell awnings and would / should supply you with the correct size etc. It now depends on how much you want to spend which will determine which make if buying new. Isabella are top notch as are some others, I'm sure there will be others along to recommend some.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts