Bailey pageant imperial 1999

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all new to forum
I have a bailey imperial 1999 .Connector on top of water heater sprung a leak and has now sheared off thread inside is damaged can I rethread this using a tap& dye kit also does anyone know if this is an inlet valve. Forgive my ignorance new to Caravanning appreciate any help cheers

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am assuming that you have a Carver Cascade 2 water heater.
If that is the case NEVER use a tap and die on any part of the heater.

It is very common for the inlet and outlet to break as they get brittle with age and they almost always shear off at some point.

The connector on the top as you look at it is the outlet, the lower one is the inlet.
The top one is just a straight through union, the lower one incorporates a nr valve.

To remove the sheared part still inside the heater casing you need a junior hacksaw blade and gently cut 5 slots in the plastic by pushing the blade through the centre opening and cutting towards the outside, BUT, and its a big BUT, only cut the plastic , NOT any metal.
You will feel the blade drag when you hit metal,,STOP.

Then using a small flat bladed screwdriver, lever one section out, followed by the others.
Try not to push the segments inside the heater.....

New inlet and outlets are available on line from places like Leisureshop Direct.
When installing the new fittings use the provided washer and only screw in tight enough to form a seal, DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN !!!!!!
There should be no need to use any thread seal like PTFE tape, or anything else.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is possible that there is some kind of residue build up or some kind of sealing compound having been used in the past obstructing the threads.
You could use a towball bolt with a couple of slots cut down it and clean the threads with that.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
CaptJonny said:
Hi all, bit the bullet and bought a new battery. Installed on Sat and everything working a treat......... Until this morning. Zero on the volt guage. Only had one light on last night for the kids and the occasional flush. Any ideas?

I've moved this post and subsequent replies from a separate topic that was opened on the same subject.
Only one thread can run by a member on the same subject otherwise replies will become scattered al over the message boards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts