Bailey Pageant Provence 2005

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, we have the Vendee - same as the Provence but with the fixed bed. This is a far better van than the original Vendee (traded one in for the 5 series). The shower unit is much better but could do with a light. Adequate room in washroom/ wc. Ample space in kitchen. Lighting excellent. We had mini-heki put at the far end, much better than the original vent. More vertical front gives more space inside and the loose fit carpets have been needed for some time. We looked at the Swift but concluded that VFM the Bailey won hands down. No problems with ours so far. My only criticism is that having repositioned the battery there is a void behind the fir and I will put an external hatch there to improve storage - the original Vendee had the battery here and I did let the lid fall and the key made a small dent - needed a check strap. If there is only the two of you I would say go for the Vendee - under the bed, which has external access, you can keep chairs, wind breaks etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin

We pitched next to a brand new Series 5 Provence recently. The owner observed that his external door didn't fit well (he could see daylight all around the edge).

My parents have a Series 5 Champagne and they found the hooks were omitted from the shower cubicle and also the alu strip beween the wall board is wavy and the clear acrylic of the shower is similarly flexed out of shape too. Also a bit of wiring was trapped in the Heki surround, making it visible.

This said, you get a lot for your money with a Bailey and I'm sure all makes can have defects of this type.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin.

We Purchased a Series 5 Champagne and they found the hooks were omitted from the shower cubicle, but Bailey have promised all early buyers these free of charge, also clear acrylic of the shower was flexed out of shape but this has been put right by the dealer, the ali strip beween the wall board was not wavy it was the screen, the only other compalint we have yet to take up with the dealer after our second outing is the draw bases have come unstuck at the back where the magnet is located, but a little glue in the groove has put this right, watch out for the clock fascia when removing to change battery or time again the glue is not to good, other than that we are really please with our choice, good luck, I'm sure if you choose a bailey as we did you will enjoy many happy trip out with it.if you need any more help leave a message on here.

G

I must have been the lucky one I got an 04 Vendee too and up to now I have nothing to complain about the quality,and I am sure you will will like the Provence as it is a 5 berth

Apr 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi, we've just taken delivery of a 2005 Provence, upgraded form our trusty 1987 Lunar Ariane. I am totally delighted with it. We chose the provence for 2 reasons, layout and the price. After looking at all the major manufactures vans, the pageant won hands down.

Why do similar classed vans cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recently taken delivery of a Provence. Just make sure you get the hooks and the velcro for the removal carpets. Apart from that, not a lot wrong with them. This is my 2nd Bailey, previously owning Abbeys and far better built. Only thing is the sealant operative is a little over enthusiastic, its everywhere on the outside.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin.

We Purchased a Series 5 Champagne and they found the hooks were omitted from the shower cubicle, but Bailey have promised all early buyers these free of charge, also clear acrylic of the shower was flexed out of shape but this has been put right by the dealer, the ali strip beween the wall board was not wavy it was the screen, the only other compalint we have yet to take up with the dealer after our second outing is the draw bases have come unstuck at the back where the magnet is located, but a little glue in the groove has put this right, watch out for the clock fascia when removing to change battery or time again the glue is not to good, other than that we are really please with our choice, good luck, I'm sure if you choose a bailey as we did you will enjoy many happy trip out with it.if you need any more help leave a message on here.
We bought a Moselle and our shower screen has also flexed out of position,haven't had it done yet, I see you mention hooks in the shower cubicle I haven't got them, where were they placed, I can't recall seeing them in the display model.

May 24, 2005
Visit site
Don't think about it for too long or you'll miss the boat!

I too had an elddis for over 11 years - and I'd buy another, but the Baileys are such good value for money. I'm chuffed to bits with the Provence. You'll have minor faults with any caravan, but the very few on this one are not worth mentioning.

Ordered ours in September '04 picked it up March 1st '05 - so get your order in soon!

Best price I could find was at Chipping Sodbury and their service, attitude etc is great.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts