Bailey Ranger GT 60 - New Caravan Range

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi

My wife and i, have brought a new ranger s5 540/6, and spent two weeks in it with are two children. its a great van we love it and so do the kids. have just looked at the s6 ranger 540/6

and noticed bailey have moved the main door back near the kids beds this means little ones could open the door up in the middle of the night and go outside, dont feel so safe with that idear, this was one of the things we looked for when buying a van so we could sleep soundly knowing we are nera the door not the kids.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Just come back from the Bailey's works rally.

The GT60 2 berth was on the production line, looked very nice especially with all those extras.

I know there is one in the range same layout as our Pagaent series 6 Burgundy.

Chipping Sodbury was showning the whole range of this model this weekend, when we went past this weekend it was very busy.

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Just come back from the Bailey's works rally.

The GT60 2 berth was on the production line, looked very nice especially with all those extras.

I know there is one in the range same layout as our Pagaent series 6 Burgundy.

Chipping Sodbury was showning the whole range of this model this weekend, when we went past this weekend it was very busy.
Seen the Bailey GT60 series 6 at M & M Leisure Suffolk - look really good (although did prefer upholstery in the Ranger series 6!) Anyone interested Greentrees E Dereham showing some this weekend at Fakenham check their site to get contact details -

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Seen the Bailey GT60 series 6 at M & M Leisure Suffolk - look really good (although did prefer upholstery in the Ranger series 6!) Anyone interested Greentrees E Dereham showing some this weekend at Fakenham check their site to get contact details -

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Jeffrey

I think Bailey have upgrade to a door rather than just material between the rear bedroom and the kitchen area. This should alert you to any nocternal wonderings by the little ones!

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Interestingly, the GT60 is based on the Swift Charisma according to the salesmen. I have not seen the GT60 but the Swift does seem to have similar extras. Why then is the Bailey model equivalent about

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Ive seen several of the new Rangers - shame Bailey have used the front panel from the previous Pageant range like our 2007 Monarch and back panel from the previous Ranger range - surely these could have both been new shape panels - still get corner blocks on show though for shelving and cupboards which is not ideal - also why no spark ignition for the oven and hob and no opaque window in the washroom yet they have fitted shock absorbers - well specd otherwise and the interior is preferable to the teak used in the new Pageants - even so, I am seriously thinking of buying a GT60 next time

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, I have read with great interest, the enthusiasm to purchase another new range of ranger vans, I to shared this same feeling when i purchased our series 6 Ranger 460/4, only to have it shattered when on its second service, The rear panel was found to have a split which had let in dampness, another split was discovered on the other side, at the moment the van is in for a complete replacement rear panel.

Jon mentioned about they are using panels from a recent series instead of a new design, lets hope they correct all the faults in the old panels first.

Would I buy a newer model not at the moment, in the present climate with the panels failing who knows where it will all end.

Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought a pageant 6 at the show early this year - if we had known about the gt60 would have gone for that instead. I think its a case of using all the old pageant 6 bodies without taking a gamble on a new design. But much better designed than the existing Rangers cant stand the one-piece windows or the thin seating cushions - not a patch on my old 98 Ranger which was a fantastic van. Maybe if there is a big demand Bailey may drop

the present Ranger and standardise on the GT60 who knows?.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Do you think dealers will pass on the extra cost? Or give you an even better deal by not passing it on? If they have 10 vans in stock which they bought before the price went up they will only charge the extra if you don't haggle and daft enough to pay the extra. Even 2 years ago deals were to be had. We bought our 2007 dealer special based on the Abbey Vogue and got

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Point taken but what really matters at the end of the day is what the cost to change is - only dealers have info on what your part ex van is worth unless you use a valuation service yourself and what makes it worse is that if you want to buy locally for sake of servicing and repairs, you are very often restricted to just one dealer - its all well and good them saying they are knocking

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts