Bailey Ranger GT60 620/6 Water Pump ?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys

We have just purchased a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 620/6 but we cannot find its onboard water pump anywhere.

Was this model van actually made with an onboard pump ?

On the main panel by the door there is a switch that says Pump but I do not know if it's for an onboard pump or it activates the submersible type pump when plugged into side of van.

If this model does not have an onboard pump then how does mains water come in ?
We have looked in cupboards/ under beds etc but cannot see a pump.

It's got me baffled.

Any advice appreciated.

Gilbo.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Have a look on this site
as the van will have either a Truma (ist pic) or a Whale (3rd pic) pump to drop into the aquaroll and plug in , usually near the front offside corner of the van.
Then the control panel applies 12v supply from the caravan batter to the externa pump.
You will have one of two systems - microswitch taps, or pressure operated. Have a look in the cupboard under a sink - if two wires are connected from the tap then each tap has a microswitch that activates the pump when the tap is turned on. Or when you turn on a tap the system pressure drops which switches on the pump (via the unit inside the van on the back of the inlet - blue and white) - which will run on slightly after the tap is switched off to regain the pressure. A guide to adjusting the pressure sensor can be found
Good luck

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From memory of working on the same van as you have I am pretty sure it does not have an on board pump but only the submersible, Truma or Whale , which is supplied with water from an aquaroll.

The switch by the door is simply the switch that supplies the power to the pump and works just as an isolator.

To get mains water into the van you would need an aquasource mains feed pipe which has a pressure reducer built in, which will reduce the mains pressure to that which the caravan can handle, about 1 to 1.5Bar.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys......most helpful.

So just to get it correct, apparently this van was not made with an internal pump just an external submersible pump so to get mains water into the van do I simply connect the blue as a source into the side of the van turn on mains tap then turn on taps in the van ? Will taps have sufficient pressure to work with there being no onboard pump ?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
NO.
To use mains water you will need a mains adaptor hose which come with either a Truma inlet fitting or a Whale inlet fitting, depending on what you have as the inlet on the side of the van.
You CANNOT connect mains directly to the van without the proper item as the water pressure of mains would blow every push fit connection and flood your van.

With the proper hose connection there will be enough pressure to operate the taps without a pump.

There you will see the two types, Whale and Truma.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If there is no internal pump, to supply water . What is the use of having the inboard tank, unless that model of van was ment to be used with an external pressurised supply,
Sounds daft to me.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If there is no internal pump, to supply water . What is the use of having the inboard tank, unless that model of van was ment to be used with an external pressurised supply,
Sounds daft to me.
There's no reference in the OP to an inboard tank.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sounds daft to me.

There has never been mention of an inboard tank, the Bailey Ranger never had one !!!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I have the blue Aquasource with square end connection with the white Whale to Truma adaptor as in the 1st photo that it twist locks into.

I have plugged this in and it fills the onboard 10ltr tank then comes through taps.

Does that sound correct for bringing mains pressure water into van ?.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have plugged this in and it fills the onboard 10ltr tank then comes through taps.

What 10 Ltr tank?
Do you mean the Truma Ultrastore water heater?????
If so, then this is correct and you should have water available at the cold taps as well.

When filling the system, make sure the water heater is full by allowing water to run through the hot tap until it runs without any air in it, before switching on the actual heating source, either gas or electric.

As for your question:" Does that sound correct for bringing mains pressure water into van ?."

Not exactly, it brings water into the van through a pressure reducer, you will never get mains pressure it will be about the same pressure as the submersible pump would supply

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to add, a note, from past experience many people do not realise there is a difference between pressure reducer(regulator) and a simple flow restrictor. A flow restrictor will not prevent excess pressure from reaching the caravan, so it is essential that a proper pressure regulator is used, which locks off if the pressure rises above about 1.5Bar.

Because there is some reason to distrust the reliability of some the available regulators, it is often simpler and safer to consider using an external cold water barrel fitted with float valve to accept mains water pressure, then lift the water into the caravan using the submersible pump.

There is an added benefit as the pumps can often deliver a better flow of water. also it provides a buffer if the mains water supply is badly affected by demand at other fawcetts on teh same mains feed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts