bailey ranger or bretagne..??

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
hi we thinking of getting a new caravan to replace our 91 fleetwood.. only thing we really require is twin fixed bunks at the rear.. both the ranger and pageant bretange fit these requirements.i have heard that some of the bretagne's suffer from condensation on the rear side door thus making the matress wet. as anyone had this problem or is it just the odd few.. also can anyone give me some pro's and cons for either.. i prefer the bretagne( i like the rear windows)and the other diferences it offers, where as the wife prefers the ranger. so we 50/50..( i hate losing ) any help would be welcome.. thanx daz

Apr 7, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought an Avondale Dart 556/6. This has got the fixed rear bunks and looks great. It is quite light at only 1070kg and suits a family. My only fault with the van is that the front box is to small. But this has been explained to me, the Dart is nose heavy?? Anyway I think is a great van!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2004 ranger 470/4 and love it- to be honest it has everything that you need. However when we replace we will probably fo for a Pageant as it has some nicer touches throughout. If you go for the Pageant you will get all the Ranger has plus more. Both will be great value but if you can, go for the Pageant, but really you won't be disappointed with either!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
hi thanx for the info on the bailey's.. we completely gone a different path now and put a deposit on an abbey cardinal 330.. same kinda layout but with out the condensation problems the baileys seemed to have.. i just have to get some sort of feedback from readers on the caravan..the usual stuff.. pro's and con's.. thanx again daz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darrell,

Just took delivery of our new ranger 550/6. Cannot say a bad word about the van, excellent quality, loads of space and brilliant value for money. We have used the van twice now and have had no experience of condensation.... Think again buy the bailey and save the

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts