bailey senator series 5

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Richard

Build week 51 will involve the dealer Christmas closure so it looks like new year for our Oklahoma

We are awaiting the visit of the insurance assessor today as we had an adventure with a gatepost(brick)when avoiding a vehicle heading towards us as were turning into our drive!!

The dealer has said that it will make no difference to our deal and as he will get

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beryl

We have just returned from a fortnight in our series 5 Wyoming. We found it to be an excellent van and have absolutely no complaints.

The fixed double bed is heaven and the layout for us is wonderful, however there is only the two of us and we could therefore use the front as a "lounge" with the rear a separate bedroom and bathroom.

If you intend to use the van with a family the Louisiana might be better given that it has the central bathroom.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I would be happy to answer them.

Cheers

Richard
Richard

We are takeing delivery of new series 5 wyoming in february we had a 2003 wyoming and we were very pleased with it how do you get on with the new tv antena,do you find the gas locker door opens high enough to get things in without bending to low,and does the travell catch on the fridge work every time as these problems have been encountered on the new Senatore a fellow rallier has and do you find the extra width 4"i believe to be detrimental when towing all the best Bill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beryl

We have just returned from a fortnight in our series 5 Wyoming. We found it to be an excellent van and have absolutely no complaints.

The fixed double bed is heaven and the layout for us is wonderful, however there is only the two of us and we could therefore use the front as a "lounge" with the rear a separate bedroom and bathroom.

If you intend to use the van with a family the Louisiana might be better given that it has the central bathroom.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I would be happy to answer them.

Cheers

Richard
Richard

Also what about the slab front does it cause a drag when towing i can see me going back to the old airofoil on the roof.Bill

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that Richard

Build week 51 will involve the dealer Christmas closure so it looks like new year for our Oklahoma

We are awaiting the visit of the insurance assessor today as we had an adventure with a gatepost(brick)when avoiding a vehicle heading towards us as were turning into our drive!!

The dealer has said that it will make no difference to our deal and as he will get

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Have just come back from our first trip in our Series 5 Arizona and are really pleased with it. Yes there are some things that take getting used to, so it was an hour and a half before I had the water up and running on arrival (probably my bad memory of the positions of the drain point for the water heater as shown to me on collection and my difficulty in locating the main drain point in the dark after a re-read of the manual by which time the pitch under the caravan was somewhat wet) . The pump did not seem over noisy and I am sure that ways of discovering when the on-board tank has filled up that are better than standing in front of the caravan on a cold November evening will emerge. Even though the Instruction manual is a vast improvement on previous ones I have experienced the illustrations in terms of the drain points could do with some improvement,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard

Just seen your message !!

We are now build week 1 which is after 51 of course.

The sale of accessories is going well with the alloy wheels,jack and hitch lock gone already

Regards John

Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martin

We have ordered a new Louisana and were told wk51 for delivery. But the van has arrived at the dealer two days ago. The only good thing is that we can test the van before going away for Christmas and New Year.

Also if you are not members of the Bailey Owners Club give the club a go.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
On the thread about Senator bathroom windows John G Watson mentions the Senator table. When we viewed the Indianna it had a nice big folding one. When we picked the van up Bailey had substituted this for a smaller folding one (as John says, the same as the Pageant). We found that this was too small in our previous Pageant so asked for it to be changed. The dealer did so but mentioned that Bailey had made the change because the "new" type of table had a habit of collapsing (not that we've ever noticed it!).

On yet another subject, what do other "forumites" think of the one piece main door with the opening window? Although the window has a fly screen the door hasn't. We've had one fitted by the dealer but am I being "picky" again?

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
On the thread about Senator bathroom windows John G Watson mentions the Senator table. When we viewed the Indianna it had a nice big folding one. When we picked the van up Bailey had substituted this for a smaller folding one (as John says, the same as the Pageant). We found that this was too small in our previous Pageant so asked for it to be changed. The dealer did so but mentioned that Bailey had made the change because the "new" type of table had a habit of collapsing (not that we've ever noticed it!).

On yet another subject, what do other "forumites" think of the one piece main door with the opening window? Although the window has a fly screen the door hasn't. We've had one fitted by the dealer but am I being "picky" again?
PaulT

I have to say that we like the new door. The door fly screen on our ols senator was a pain to fasten accross and as we have a small dog who would push at the screen we didn't use it that much. We have found the new door much better. I must say that I am more than happy with my van so far.

ColinB

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced difficulty in fitting the Aquaroll into the front locker as having the On-board tank means that the depth is less than I was used to with my Lunar Lexon EB.

At the moment I am carrying it in a bag in the back of the car which is not a great problem when there is just 2 of us in the car but may not work when my son borrows the combo for his family holidays.

It may be that I am being too nervous about the strength of the locker door but will be interested to know if anyone else sees it as a difficulty and found a different solution,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced difficulty in fitting the Aquaroll into the front locker as having the On-board tank means that the depth is less than I was used to with my Lunar Lexon EB.

At the moment I am carrying it in a bag in the back of the car which is not a great problem when there is just 2 of us in the car but may not work when my son borrows the combo for his family holidays.

It may be that I am being too nervous about the strength of the locker door but will be interested to know if anyone else sees it as a difficulty and found a different solution,
Are you using the larger aquaroll ?

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Are you using the larger aquaroll ?
Yes - had to purchase the larger one a few years ago to accomodate larger submersible pump on a previous change of caravan. Still have the older one idden at the back of shed but Wale filter seems to large to go in older aquaroll so have not attempted to empty shed to get at it.

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
I use the larger Aquaroll and it fits easily into the front locker if you lie it on its side.
Thanks Paul.

I had tried putting it in on its side and was worried it seemed to be pushing on the locker door but I still had the smaller containers that I used to use for kitchen waste outlet in locker at the time as I did not realise until I got on site for first time with Senator that the kitchen & basin wastes are combined with the shower separate (prev caravan had 3 outlets)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts