bailey senator wyoming front seats sagging and rubbish

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi, my 2008 wyoming has has the seats replumped if thats the correct word twice now.

the back ones are the worse they sag and the foam sort of gets loose like when you rub your hand down the back ones the sponge moves. my 2005 avondale bottom of the range never had this problem and we even slepped on those. our friends have a 2003 swift and there seats are like new. i went in an 2007 lunar lexon last week and there seats were also like new no movement at all.

any advise or does anyone else have this problem.

thanks

jo-anne

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne

My mum and dad had the same problem on their new Ace Brightstar after the van had only been used a few times. They took it back to the dealer who told them to wait until the end of the season and they would look into it with the manufacturer. Mum and Dad rang the manufacturer themselves who were not interested, I wonder if its because they are in their eighties? I rang the manufacturer and escalated the problem until I clarified who actually undertook the upholstery on the vans. I rang the upholsterer direct who could not have been more helpful even though he was miles away up North. He arranged for the seats to be collected the following Monday, whatever needed to be done was done and the seats were re-delivered so they could go away the next weekend. No further trouble.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi val, i dealt with the manu of the seats aswell myself and yes they were really helpful but its the 3rd time now its happend and the 2nd time its been back to the manu. maybe they just heat it up put it in a press and think its gonna last. im gonna ring consumer direct because althought you only get 12 months this is an on going problem and sounds to me like an INHERANT FAULT the more you use the worse it becomes.

ill proberbly give kelly a ring on monday but i dont think bailey will be interested at all.

jo

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
My 2004 senator cushions are like new!

Perhaps you need to lose weight?
Maybe the cushions in Jo-Annes 2008 are different from your 2004 caravan?

Manufacturers tweak things to save costs sometimes so maybe this should be looked into.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Joanne,

You are clearly having some problem with the cushions. I do wonder why you say "althought you only get 12 months" That might be true of the manufacturers guarantee, as they can specify and limit what they like in them, but you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act, which does not limit you to 12months but to what should be a reasonable life expectancy for the product.

I feel I must add an observation:-

The fact that the upholstery has failed on several occasions, may indicate that the upholstery is not to blame. It may just be symptom of another underlying cause. Perhaps it's a faulty bed box, or may be you are not using it in accordance with the manufactures instructions.

With the above in mind lets consider it situation if the upholstery is the only thing that is involved.

In your case, the product has already demonstrated on a number of occasions it is not fit for the purpose that you are putting it to.

SoGA kicks in automatically when ever you purchase a new product from a retailer or trader. It requires the seller to supply goods that are fit for purpose. If the seller is aware of any reason that the product may not be of adequate strength or durability, they must advise the purchaser before the sale is completed, so the buyer cane either waive their rights against the product, or to seek alternative product that will be strong enough etc.

So for example, if the prospective purchasers were larger/heavier than the seating product is designed for, the dealer should make the purchaser aware of the durability issues that might ensue. They should either seek to get a written waiver for the warranty or they should seek to supply goods of an up rated nature.

Please let me assure you I am not claiming you have a weight problem, But if the dealer did not make any representations to you on this point means they must believe the product will be sufficiently durable. Your posting suggests the product is not sufficiently durable, thus the seller has either sold faulty goods or failed in their duty to supply goods of merchantable quality.

In either case, the dealer is responsible in law under the SoGA. Do seek professional advice before pursuing a case like this, because, If the fault occurred within six months from the date of purchase, the seller is obliged to prove the goods are not faulty. After six months, it is up to the purchaser to prove the goods are faulty. In your case I do not know when the problem first arose but if it was within 6 months I think you have a strong case. Based upon your reports I believe you would still have a strong case after six months, because of the repeated nature of the occurrence.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
ray do you have to be so personal , vile and so rude. there was no need for that. go pick on someone else. if you had read the post correctly it didnt happen in my avondale. there also has been previous posts about this. its the back cusions not the ones our bums go on anyway why should i explain myself to you?.

thanks joby for sticking up for me.

jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts