Bailey weight upgrade - Badge removal

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We've just upgraded the maximum weight on our Wyoming and have been sent a Bailey (upgrade) blue oval badge for the front locker and a new vinyl information sticker for the side of the van.

The current Bailey badge seems well secured, as does the side sticker and I don't want to risk damaging the area around them.

Has anyone replaced these and in a position to offer advice on removal.

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Ken,

When we upgraded our S6 Louisiana we found that the existing badge and information sticker came off fairly easily and without any special steps needing to be taken. As far as I can remember we just lifted one edge and then pulled them off and certainly didn't cause any damage in doing so.

John

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response John, I'll be a bit more forceful when it stops raining.

Did your new ones go straight on without any cleaning or did you have to remove any residual adhesive ?

Ken.

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response John, I'll be a bit more forceful when it stops raining.

Did your new ones go straight on without any cleaning or did you have to remove any residual adhesive ?

Ken.
Ken, sorry for slow response but as we live in New Zealand we are 11 hours ahead time wise!

I just cleaned the area with Isopropyl Alcohol (Small amount) which dries in a few seconds and cleaned what little mess there was (very little). Then I just applied the replacement badges/stickers.

They stuck like the proverbial and haven' had any problems in the 8 months since I did it.

Hope that helps.

John

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Ken, sorry for slow response but as we live in New Zealand we are 11 hours ahead time wise!

I just cleaned the area with Isopropyl Alcohol (Small amount) which dries in a few seconds and cleaned what little mess there was (very little). Then I just applied the replacement badges/stickers.

They stuck like the proverbial and haven' had any problems in the 8 months since I did it.

Hope that helps.

John
John, it does help and thanks again.

JT1

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We have got a Bailey Senator Oklahoma 2006, Series 5 - does this upgrade apply only to new caravans?

Just asking because we had our Pageant Imperial weight upgraded but was told by our dealer that you couldn't do it with Senators.

Thanks.

JT

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Graham - cheers, will bear that in mind.

JT - Ours is a 2006 S5, upgraded to 1800kg. We started with an email to Bailey customer services who were excellent and told us what was available for our model.

It could be that yours is already at it's max, but it may be worth a shot if you could do with the extra capacity.

Your dealer is obviously wrong if he was referring to all Senators.

I don't know if you dealt direct with Bailey last time, but my dealer wanted

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi

The S5 Indianna I have just sold could not be upgraded as it was already at the chassis maximum, I believe the Oaklahoma will be the same.

My new S6 Wyoming has been upgraded to 1800kg, front gas box logo came off with some persistant pulling without problem, the rear did not want to be removed at all so I chose to leave it there rather than cause damage. The weight plate sticked was also rather well fixed so I decided to leave in place and affix the new one below it. This clearly shows it as an upgrade and it may be benificial at time of sale to still have the original there if the new owners have a smaller towcar that can cope with the 1679kg but not the 1800kg

Steve

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
".....it may be benificial at time of sale to still have the original there if the new owners have a smaller towcar that can cope with the 1679kg but not the 1800kg"

It seems strange to me that someone couldn't tow it with a smaller car just because the plate has been changed, surely the caravan weighs the same if you put the 'normal' payload in it.

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Sorted - thank you all.

Forgot that the van has 2 blue ovals, but I changed one of them

over while away at the weekend and Bailey have since sent a second, which will be fitted next time I'm down at storage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts