Bailey's Owner's Club

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I understand there is a Bailey's Owner's Club, is anyone in it and what does it involve?

We are looking to buy a new Bailey Burgundy, any feed back on this van would be much appreciated.

Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
Allyson

If you go to Bailey's web site there is a link to the Bailey's owners club web site. It's mainly to meet up on rallies and have a good time. The people are very friendly, so when you get your new van join them.

Happy caravanning

Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson

we got our Pageant Burgundy end of January having traded in our Ranger 510/4L. We have been away almost every other weekend since then, so we have tried it out. It is a 4 berth, but there's just the two of us and even with all our usual stuff, we have empty cupboards.

The Ranger did have an excellent bathroom with a large shower which I miss a little, but I only shower once a day for a few minutes and the Burgundy shower is (just) big enough.

The big bonus is the bed - it is sooooooooooo good to fall into at the end of the day. I am 6 foot, my wife is 5.8 and its big enough for us - I sleep on the 'shaved' side and no problems.

The lounge is good - we chose the chest of drawers as an extra and it is well worth it for meals. Kitchen area is fine and the sideboard is excellent for serving up food and standing the pots on.

No regrets at all and looking forward to next week away.

Good luck!

Regards

Ken

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Allyson

we got our Pageant Burgundy end of January having traded in our Ranger 510/4L. We have been away almost every other weekend since then, so we have tried it out. It is a 4 berth, but there's just the two of us and even with all our usual stuff, we have empty cupboards.

The Ranger did have an excellent bathroom with a large shower which I miss a little, but I only shower once a day for a few minutes and the Burgundy shower is (just) big enough.

The big bonus is the bed - it is sooooooooooo good to fall into at the end of the day. I am 6 foot, my wife is 5.8 and its big enough for us - I sleep on the 'shaved' side and no problems.

The lounge is good - we chose the chest of drawers as an extra and it is well worth it for meals. Kitchen area is fine and the sideboard is excellent for serving up food and standing the pots on.

No regrets at all and looking forward to next week away.

Good luck!

Regards

Ken
I am so glad your pleased with it. I think its the van for us, we have two children 10 and 16 I think the 16 will only be with another year or so, then off to University. We do have a 390 sunncamp awning to use along side the new van so it will give us more room.

We are going to get chest of draws, we would told not to have it because it takes up to much leg room, we couldn't see this because it's the same width as the cushion.

If you don't mind me asking did you get a good deal on the Burgundy? Because they say that Bailey Dealers don't discount.

One dealer we spoke to said he wouldn't have the van until September, but he would make sure the vin number would be an 07 making this a 07 van which was made in 06 can this be done?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am so glad your pleased with it. I think its the van for us, we have two children 10 and 16 I think the 16 will only be with another year or so, then off to University. We do have a 390 sunncamp awning to use along side the new van so it will give us more room.

We are going to get chest of draws, we would told not to have it because it takes up to much leg room, we couldn't see this because it's the same width as the cushion.

If you don't mind me asking did you get a good deal on the Burgundy? Because they say that Bailey Dealers don't discount.

One dealer we spoke to said he wouldn't have the van until September, but he would make sure the vin number would be an 07 making this a 07 van which was made in 06 can this be done?
We had to pay full price, but were reasonably happy to. We ordered ours before it was launched after we had had a good look at the Indiana, which is its bigger and more expensive brother.

We couldn't justify the extra money for the Indiana or weight, but we loved the layout. As we were leaving, our local dealer (Broad Lane at Daventry) mentioned that Baileys were releasing the Burgundy at Earls Court. We persuaded him to telephone Baileys and we were the first to place an order (back in September,I think) and we took delivery end of January.

Can't help on the 07 bit.

While I remember, we stopped the shower door hitting the washstand by sticking felt pads (that you put under a chair on a wooden floor) on the washstand, works a treat!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
i find that too with our bailey - so many cupboards...only 2 of us and all the ones on the front are empty...only the kitchen area has stuff in!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
i find that too with our bailey - so many cupboards...only 2 of us and all the ones on the front are empty...only the kitchen area has stuff in!
Thanks for that Sarah, I think that we have made our minds up, it may not be this year because they are so hard to come by. We could possably take delivery in October/November, but it would be storage for during the winter months.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Allyson,

We bought a Burgundy in March,and have just returned from a touring holiday of Northern Scotland ( nearly 4 weeks.)

As Ken says ......the bed is so comfortable....it's great just to fall into it at night.Toilet and shower area is tight to say the least.....but the shower head gives a good cover of water.

We've got no complaints at all,and there's loads of cupboard space,so we are happy little bunnies !!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
One think we did notice on the Burgundy was when you open the bathroom door it seem quite narrow and hit the sink unit behind the door. Was it us not being used to it, has anyone else noticed this?

We thought it may have been a better option fot the door to have opened against the bed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
One think we did notice on the Burgundy was when you open the bathroom door it seem quite narrow and hit the sink unit behind the door. Was it us not being used to it, has anyone else noticed this?

We thought it may have been a better option fot the door to have opened against the bed.
Allyson,

My husband has put on a stopper to prevent it from hitting the sink.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site

This is what we were thinking we would have to do.

Thanks for replying.

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site

We put small circular self adhesive pads on the sink and above on the shelf, works a treat. You can buy them in B&Q for putting under chair legs for wooden floors.

TRENDING THREADS