Bainland or Rivendale? caravan sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have seen these 2 sites. Bainland in Lincolnshire and Rivendale in Derbyshire.

Has anyone ever been to either of these and if so what did you think of them? Good or bad.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look here for previus comments on Rivendale.

http://www.practicalcaravan.co.uk/newforums/fm_messages.asp?FO=6&FM=75463
Been to Bainland just the once, it's nice enough but we had problems getting a twin onto the pitch, not much space on the pitch (might have just been our tough luck with pitch size) and the road itself doesn't give much room to turn. Good facilities, but I would eat elsewhere. We were there during an August bank Holiday, weather was really bad so perhaps we didn't enjoy it as much as we could. Need to book up early for this one too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look here for previus comments on Rivendale.

http://www.practicalcaravan.co.uk/newforums/fm_messages.asp?FO=6&FM=75463
Been to Bainland just the once, it's nice enough but we had problems getting a twin onto the pitch, not much space on the pitch (might have just been our tough luck with pitch size) and the road itself doesn't give much room to turn. Good facilities, but I would eat elsewhere. We were there during an August bank Holiday, weather was really bad so perhaps we didn't enjoy it as much as we could. Need to book up early for this one too.
many thanks lol have read this and we are leaning towards Bainland

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I was at Rivendale a couple of summers ago. The site is superbly maintained, and in a beautiful setting, there's a fantastic playpark for kids, but there isn't much to do at night, and most of the camp is grey gravel so if you have small kids you can expect to see a few grazed knees.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bones

We are off to Rivendale this Saturday for a week, will let you know when we get back what we thought, it's our first time out in our caravan! so hope it's good.

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re Bainland, always seems very popular, especially with people with children, but very busy. We prefer the local Council site Jubilee Park, outdoor heated swimming pool, crazy golf, lovely gardens and good walks through the woods in Woodhall Spa. Lots of places to eat and plenty of little shops. Nice and flat for cycling too. We live in Lincoln so often just go there for the day too.

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hi we went to rivendale last year and are due there at easter its a fantastic site unbeatably clean, has shop and small pub which kids can go in and have discos at easter and bank hols . really good lay out plenty of room.well worth it and not too expensive

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bones

Came home from Rivendale today (early due to bad weather) - the site was very nice, a shop and a bar, also a field to walk the dogs off lead.

We were a bit disappointed with the pitches, the grass was churned up so much on the first one they allocated us that we had to move to another one, and being in a quarry, if you decide to go make sure you have some rock pegs, if you don't have any you can hire them from the shop for the duration of your stay.

The staff were helpful and friendly, would definately like to go back but in better weather.

Lolly x

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
niether me or my father in law have been on grass pitch always go on the harder standing pitches but we wouldnt go on outside under the quarry wall scares the life out of me and you cant get telly reception

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts