Bala C&CC Site

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi - we have booked this site also for 5 nights this summer and again any tips for nearest supermarkets, local shops etc would be much appreciated along with any ideas of things to do in the area for a 5 year old. Thanks again.

BG

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Supermarkets and small shops are approx 1-2 Miles in Bala - Turn right out of the site follow the road into the town.

Harlech & Barmouth are worth visiting we also did Portmerion and the Ffestininog railway. there is a lake with walking etc just leaving Bala

The site itself is really good but you have to drive to get anywhere but don't let this put you off we really enjoyed our time there.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
You're not too far from Bleaunau ffestiniog & its slate museum.

Also Coed - y brenin Forest park on the A470 betwen bleaunau & Dolgellau is nice.

llandudno is good, great orm etc plus its a good place for shopping, asda & tesco.

i live near barmouth so i can give you loads of advice

email if you like

garethtremenlli@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi

What kind of things are you into?

Llandudno has lots to do good for wet days has tesco & asda, multi-plex 10pin etc.

Lots of steam trains etc. close by , also forest parks with way-marked walks etc.

I live near Barmouth so if you want to e-mail me i'd be happy to help in greater detail

garethtremenlli@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Bala is just over an hour from llandudno, via Betws Y Coed which its self is a 'must see'.

Its the nearest large town to Bala, unless you go to Wrexham which to me would seem too much like going back to England if i was on holiday in wales!

As you say where ever you go from Bala is a long way but you'll enjoy the drives!

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for everyones comments please keep em coming. We are due at Bala after spending 10 nights in Dorset so as it is at the latter end of the trip we are hoping to spend some relaxtion time however we do have 4 year old in tow so need to occupy him for at least a few days.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi

We stayed at Bala some time ago and did find that we had a fair drive to some of the more popular tourist attractions, but we would go back there as it's a nice clean little site in a good area. As others have said the local steam railways are worth visiting especially the Ffestiniog and Snowdon. We also went to Portmerion and Betwsy-coed. Llangollen is also worth a visit, there's a steam railway and you can also get boat trips on the canal, either horse drawn to Horseshoe Falls or motor driven to the impressive Pontcysyllte aqueduct.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts