Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So where are you all going this weekend? And how far are you travelling? We're going about 58 miles from home to the most idyllic CL we have yet found in the Sid valley in east Devon. Only 5 vans, EHU, water & chemical point, sea views, the only neighbours are sheep (better take the mint sauce, wellies and swarfega!?), bliss! Have a good one.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
We live in Mid Devon and are off to a CL site in the Bath area (chew valley lake)...its an adult only CL on working farm so i guess we will have the same as you!

We thought as it was bank holiday instead of heading down the busy motorway we would go up instead!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sarah - what a small world! We used to live near Bath, and now live in North Devon, so like you we'll be travelling against the traffic on the N Devon Link road, then just 5 miles of M5 to exit at J 28 - have a great time!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Weird Mike eh?!

I work at Exeter Airport and on the way home from work today saw that M5 southbound was pretty chocca of vans heading down..maybe everyone trying to get ahead before tomorrow.

Have fun...i guess by the Sid valley you must be near Sidford/Sidmouth area? lets hope the weather isnt too bad, mind you we went to Wareham forest last weekend in 60mph gales so it couldnt get any worse!

G

It isn't a Bank Holiday up here in the north, except for the banks and building societies with head offices down south. Everything else has a normal weekend and Monday.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We already had our day off today. Ascension Day is a public holiday here with many offices that are shut over the weekend anyway shut tomorrow, too.

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
Bank holidays are the one time we are guaranteed not to go away.I cant stand crowds & traffic jams and even if you're going somewhere quiet you've still got to get there & the've probably put the prices up.I stay at home & catch up with things or go to work & take a lieu day & have our own bank holiday when everyone else is at work

John J.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lutz, I take it you are in Germany, my Son has worked there for the past 5 years,he sent me a mail yesterday saying everywhere was quiet as it was a holiday day, so that is what he meant, he is living in Frankfurt, I love going to visit him there.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, Shiba, quite right. We live just 20 minutes drive away from Frankfurt and only a couple of miles off the junction between the A3 and A66 autobahns.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Lutz, My Son has just rang me, he says that big screenlike things are being put on some of the buildings in the city, also down by the river with lots of seating, I take it this all for the Football, he can see all these things from his apartment, I think the area is Ziegelhuettenweg.

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
It isn't a Bank Holiday up here in the north, except for the banks and building societies with head offices down south. Everything else has a normal weekend and Monday.
Scotch Lad, Do you mean it's not a bank holiday in Scotland only?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Shiba,

Yes, everything is getting geared up for the World Cup here. Not a day goes by without at least one TV channel having some or other World Cup special.

Ziegelhuettenweg is south of the river towards the airport and we're about the same distance from the airport but on the other side.

If you've got Google Earth this is where we live.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
I was going to download Google earth, from another Forum, but some have had problems with it crashing the PC so did not bother, as I would not know how to sort a crash, plus it is my lifeline with my Son.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Shiba,

Yes, everything is getting geared up for the World Cup here. Not a day goes by without at least one TV channel having some or other World Cup special.

Ziegelhuettenweg is south of the river towards the airport and we're about the same distance from the airport but on the other side.

If you've got Google Earth this is where we live.
Lutz

Do you keep your caravan in storage? Could not help but have a look at google earth, what a fab site. My daughter came home from school and showed me where we lived and her grandparents. You cannot believe what you can see on it.

Touch wood we have had no problems with either of the computers crashing.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
We avoided the bank hol weekend by going away last Tuesday till Friday.

Weatherwise a BAD move but sitewise a fantastic choice.

The Forest of Dean site which has 280 pitches had only 12 guests on it.

From Friday night onwards till next weekend its full

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
We avoided the bank hol weekend by going away last Tuesday till Friday.

Weatherwise a BAD move but sitewise a fantastic choice.

The Forest of Dean site which has 280 pitches had only 12 guests on it.

From Friday night onwards till next weekend its full
is that the forestry commission site mike??

was considering that one for us

G

There is a sign in the entrance of all the Morrison stores up here. 'Bank Holiday Sunday and Monday. Trading hours as normal'. Why do they bother I wonder.

May 27, 2006
Visit site
is that the forestry commission site mike??

was considering that one for us
Yes theres 3 forrestry sites close together--

Christchurch/Bracelands and a small one between which has no facilities.

We`ve used Christchurch for over 18 years now, its bassic realy but has several toilet blocks a shop etc.

It can be VERY packed but its one of those sites that just draws us back time and time again.

The areas fantastic for walking, canoeing etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts