Barriers for Dogs

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 24, 2005
Visit site
'm so pleased to see so many positive posts about dogs. The reason we started caravanning was so we could take our Westies on holiday with us, after all they are part of the family!

In answer to the first post, if you drill a small hole through the windbreak pole near the top, you can use cable ties threaded through the material and the holes in the poles, to hold up the material. The cable ties can be cut off after each use and only cost pence. There is always a danger of the fabric tearing but if that happens, then perhaps a windbreak isn't the right thing to be using to restrain your dogs.
Sorry, post added to the wrong thread!!

Aug 24, 2005
Visit site
Are you seriously saying your dog is never allowed in the 'van. Where does it sleep at night?.... Surely not in the car!!!!
What's wrong with the car? my two Jack Russels (and their predecessors before them) are happy to sleep in the car, in fact we are hard put to get the older one out.. of course you need to observe the obvious precautions of parking the side of the Van which does not attract the morning sun and it also helps if you are an early riser like me for morning walkies... finally you need to learn how to disable the internal sensor for the alarm, a fact I learned to my expense at 0630 one morning a couple of weeks ago.

Aug 27, 2005
Visit site
'm so pleased to see so many positive posts about dogs. The reason we started caravanning was so we could take our Westies on holiday with us, after all they are part of the family!

In answer to the first post, if you drill a small hole through the windbreak pole near the top, you can use cable ties threaded through the material and the holes in the poles, to hold up the material. The cable ties can be cut off after each use and only cost pence. There is always a danger of the fabric tearing but if that happens, then perhaps a windbreak isn't the right thing to be using to restrain your dogs.
we are in the process of buying a van and Im a bit concerned about my own dogs and caravanning. They are scottish and west highland terriers and although adoreable and mild mannered have the terrier trait of not taking a blind bit of notice of you if off lead. I keep them on a lead at all times and they also have a large collapsible crate.

I wondered about the reliablity of these ground spikes. To be honest Im completely paranoid that my boys will escape and Im wary of putting 2 lively dogs on 2 of these ground spikes if they are easily pulled out of the ground.

Any experiences?

Jane

x

TRENDING THREADS