Battery Charger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We leave our van in storage at out parents, we have electric hook up there and so far have only ever used the 240V. We have a 'charge battery' switch inside the van...when should we (should we of been using this)? We wondered about leaving it charging whilts in storage, but not sure if it cuts out when charged? We are now worried that if we decided to go battery it may be flat and not sure we have been using it correctly?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why leave it permanently on charge. The only time our van is on charge is when we're on a site or getting it ready for a trip whilst on our drive so the fridge is nice and cold for my beers. Unless you have a faulty battery/charger I cant see your battery going flat between weekends away. we left our van in storage all over the winter period and the battery was still fully charged on collection for our first trip away.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul & Ruth - I leave my van permanently hooked up on the driveway, which means the battery is being permanently charged. Most systems have a cut out which stops the charger when the battery is full. However van chargers never fully charge a leisure battery as they cut out at about 13 volts, whereas dedicated charges will take a battery up to 14.4 volts to give it maximum capacity, so if you're going to be juiceless for 2 weeks or so, give the van battery a top up with a proper charger the day before.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts