Battery charger

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi all.

We have just got home from a great stay at Cheery Tree Site at Sutton on Sea.

We have a 2008 Abbey Vogue 495.

While we were away the battery charger stopped working. I checked the obvious fuses and connections, but no joy.

I have two questions if anyone could help,

1 Where is the battery charger ?
2 Is it repairable or do I need to replace it ?

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Dave.

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The battery charger in my 2009 Coachman is behind the electrical box with all the fuses under the offside bench seat. It's not just a simple battery charger. It also supplies 12.5 volts independent of the battery when on hookup and also charges the battery at the same time. Mine went shortly after I got the van and the as replaced under warranty. I have considered changing mine for one of these. http://www.amperorassociates.co.uk/c-battery_chargers/BatteryC-3_18A.html

Others on the forum may be able to be more specific.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In a 2008 Abbey you will have the very notorious Nordelettronica electrical system.
Depending on model the charger will either be a black box located on a side wall near the battery, or it will be incorporated in the main distribution unit in the wardrobe or near the floor opposite the door.

Whichever it is, it has the now famous failure.(there were so many failures the company went bankrupt)
The best person to contact is Paul at Apuljack Engineering.
He will talk you through few checks to identify which unit you have and advise which parts would need to be sent back to him to repair.
The repaired units would be a much better quality than the original fitted units.

Sadly the information given by Beagler is inappropriate as far as your van goes. Coachman use BCA units and are totally different.

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
In a 2008 Abbey you will have the very notorious Nordelettronica electrical system.
Depending on model the charger will either be a black box located on a side wall near the battery, or it will be incorporated in the main distribution unit in the wardrobe or near the floor opposite the door.

Whichever it is, it has the now famous failure.(there were so many failures the company went bankrupt)
The best person to contact is Paul at Apuljack Engineering.
He will talk you through few checks to identify which unit you have and advise which parts would need to be sent back to him to repair.
The repaired units would be a much better quality than the original fitted units.

Sadly the information given by Beagler is inappropriate as far as your van goes. Coachman use BCA units and are totally different.

I did say others may be able to be more specific :)

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi guys

I want to say a big THANK YOU for your help with my battery charger.

I sent the unit to Apuljack Engineering as suggested and they were great. The unit was away for nine days from posting to return.

I have just returned from a week away and it worked perfect so once again thank you.

Dave991.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts