Battery locker size

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Hey folks, I have a 2010 sprite quattro 6 berth fb, twin axle, the caravan is locked away in storage and I need to replace the battery. So I need to know which battery size will fit, or any recommendations on where is the best value battery to get.
I've got a motor mover fitted, so I've been told I really need a 110 amp beast

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought my last battery from Halfords, the prices were good when compared to other websites, the other good thing is they will take your old battery if your getting rid of it.

Reactions: ginger1
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks, I have a 2010 sprite quattro 6 berth fb, twin axle, the caravan is locked away in storage and I need to replace the battery. So I need to know which battery size will fit, or any recommendations on where is the best value battery to get.
I've got a motor mover fitted, so I've been told I really need a 110 amp beast
Unless you use the motor mover for long periods or inclines it’s an old wives tale that you need 110 amp hrs. even for your caravan. However, a larger battery can be very useful anyway for shorter periods off grid, or in the event of power outages on sites, or combined with solar. Value is difficult to advise as there are so many types and makes. My last one was a Banner, not the cheapest but a quality make. It wasn’t even maintenance free but in three years it did not need a top up. Yuasa, Bosch, Varta are all good makes and Halfords own brands are now well regarded. As far as size goes realistically only someone with a similar Swift caravan can say. Best really to measure your existing one. What capacity is it?

Reactions: ginger1
May 7, 2012
Visit site
A battery from a Swift dealer will fit if you tell them what it is for.
I agree a smaller battery should work with a mover provided you are only shunting the caravan into a pitch or storage space on level or near level ground. If it will be needed for harder work though a full size one should be a better bet long term with a twin axle model. .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
After our caravan engineer had checked the battery, he replaced it with the same amp which proved to be satisfactory [110 amp] always trusting his experience and wide knowledge base to keep the caravan running well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts