BBC Documentary

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

BBC2 are making a documentary about the rights of 'childfree' people. One of the issues we'll consider is the pros and cons of children in various lcoations - restaurants, art galleries, campsites etc. We're hoping for a couple of people, one of whom sees campsites as somewhere to take the kids to have fun and be outdoors, while the other sees campsites as a place for adults to get away from it all and relax, to be filmed having a discussion about their relative viewpoints. We'd have to film this within the next week though, so I'd really appreciate it if you could email me at bbcdocumentary@yahoo.co.uk as soon as possible if you're interested and have a strong view on the issue.

Thanks,

Olly

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm, wind up or what?

I would have thought the British Broadcasting Corperation could have been able to afford an email server instead of relying on yahoo?

I have some stong views in this (as some are already aware) but this looks like an email phishing scam to me.

Pete

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Sorry! I promise this isn't a scam - I just didn't want to put my personal bbc email address online because then I'd get sent lots of spam for years to come (it's happened before...) so I set this yahoo one up. If you send me a private email to that address then I can reply to you from my bbc address and you'll see that I'm genuine!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I feel you are justified in being wary. Having been involved in T.V. production for some decades I find the notion of having only till the next week to set up to be suspect - unless it is news gathering. Or it might be some sort of college media course.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hmm, wind up or what?

I would have thought the British Broadcasting Corperation could have been able to afford an email server instead of relying on yahoo?

I have some stong views in this (as some are already aware) but this looks like an email phishing scam to me.

Pete
tell you what crossed my mind,they get your home address arrange for you to meet at camp site(all paid for)then come round and turn your house over

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Blimey you're a skeptical lot...I'm now getting a bbc email address set up so you'll believe me...which I didn't do in the first place because it normally takes a few days to set up whereas a yahoo/hotmail address takes a few minutes. Mike E - you're right - shockingly short production schedule but alas that's the way budgets in TV are going. I will try and hurry the IT people up and will hopefully have a BBC address (I'm still not willing to put my personal one up here) for you this afternoon...meanwhile the yahoo address is still eagerly awaiting your correspondence!

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
ollybbc,

I just hope that the programme highlights the fact that adult only sites are an antiquated idea and as politically incorrect as having a "whites only" site. The EC should outlaw these sites pronto.

If people who don't have children want to get away from them, why not either go on a CL or just holiday when the kids are in school ............. simple really, bit like those who think adult sites are the bees knees

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Hmm, wind up or what?

Pete
I agree; the Beb don't operate like that; and with an email of Yahoo; he must think we are very green !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The program is going to be filmed this week so not much time to respond and get booked up. It sounds like rivetting, unmissable telivision. Get two people, who have differing views on any subject, and let them verbally ( and perhaps more) abuse each other.

Is there any chance of getting my licence fee back if this is the tripe the BBC are involved in

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

For your information my car is 7 years and not a chelsea tractor i will repeat what i said before it freedom of choice.

My own children have gone we now have grandchildren who we take with us from time to time . So forget the anti bit To use an adult only site would be for peace and quiet nothing else. Tom

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
ollybbc,

I just hope that the programme highlights the fact that adult only sites are an antiquated idea and as politically incorrect as having a "whites only" site. The EC should outlaw these sites pronto.

If people who don't have children want to get away from them, why not either go on a CL or just holiday when the kids are in school ............. simple really, bit like those who think adult sites are the bees knees
Kanga,

Would you be at all interested in making your point on camera? The idea that adult-only sites are discriminatory is a central issue in what this documentary is trying to explore. The point is always made much better though by someone who passionately believes it, rather than simply by our presenter telling the audience what some people think as opposed to what others think.

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi

For your information my car is 7 years and not a chelsea tractor i will repeat what i said before it freedom of choice.

My own children have gone we now have grandchildren who we take with us from time to time . So forget the anti bit To use an adult only site would be for peace and quiet nothing else. Tom
Tom, please get in touch - backlash@bbc.co.uk - if you're interested. That goes for anyone else too.

Thanks,

Olly

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Just to add some fuel to the fire. Kanga mentions about gpoing away in term time and using CL/CS. The problem is that the small sites are also used by people with kids and even worse some irresponsible parents keep there children at away from school during term time the upshot being that you can not guarantee being child free and what about the under fives who are not yet at school. Let keep the Adult only sites if that what you want.

ColinB

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
ollybbc,

Kanga nothing to do with being politically incorrect, it's to do with choice. We chooose not to allow other peoples kids ruin our holidays because 9/10 the parents are just as bad as the kids.

Jul 29, 2005
Visit site
Why is it if someone does something thats just doesn't include everyone there's always some pratt deciding it's not fair or politicaly incorrect? This is then fueled by the media who don't really give a toss just want to make money out of some poor sods that don't have the brains to realise whats happening.

People go to Adult only sites because of people like you Kanga, you argue on nearly every post, you most likely have 30ft high trees blocking the sun to your next door neighbours garden because you hate to see them enjoy themselves. God forbid anyone that happens to pitch next to you on a site, especially if you have kids and they are as oppinionated as yourself.Adult only sites allow the person a choice not to go to a site full of screaming kids, they have to go to adult only sites because if they go to normal sites when kids are meant to be at school, who should roll up with a van and six screaming kids Poeple like yourself that have there head so far up their own arse they don't give a damn about anyone else. You see had you kept your kids in school and only took them away at weekends or school hols then we would be ok with non Adult only sites, but people like you have to spoil that alsojust like you have many posts on this forum.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Ron, I'm really looking forward to the program now especially if you, Kanga, Tina and Tom are appearing. It will make Jerry springer look tame. I'll make sure I've got control of the remote control that night. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Big Ron, I'm really looking forward to the program now especially if you, Kanga, Tina and Tom are appearing. It will make Jerry springer look tame. I'll make sure I've got control of the remote control that night. Ray
Big R, sorry for getting your name wrong, must have been in the back of my mind from the days I watched East Enders. Ray

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Kanga,

Would you be at all interested in making your point on camera? The idea that adult-only sites are discriminatory is a central issue in what this documentary is trying to explore. The point is always made much better though by someone who passionately believes it, rather than simply by our presenter telling the audience what some people think as opposed to what others think.
Olly,

love to put the point across, I do have rather strong views on a number of issues, however due to my rather prominent public position in society I would find this very difficult, my apologies. Why not try Stinky_pete on this forum, I believe he has been rather outspoken about this in the past?

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Kanga nothing to do with being politically incorrect, it's to do with choice. We chooose not to allow other peoples kids ruin our holidays because 9/10 the parents are just as bad as the kids.
Big R, have you changed your name from Big Roy or are you someone else?

TRENDING THREADS