BBC iPlayer

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Programmes are usually available for 7 days after their original broadcast, and when downloaded can be played for the first time up to 30 days later. However, once you play something, it expires after another 7 days.

Seems a bit restrictive at first, but they repeat programmes on BBC3 and 4 weeks (months) after the first airing that it is not as restrictive as it first seems.

Cheers

David

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Sorry didnt make myself clear what I meant was how soon after broadcast are they available I asked because I wanted yesterday to watch The Apprentice from Wednesday night but yesterday morning it was not there but appeared by about 4pm.Different subject how much is diesel at the moment at Tesco in Ashby,I get it elsewhere now as it went up there so much.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
My query, not really chit-chat, more a tech issue regarding iplayer problems.

In the past I have been able to watch BBC programmes on iplayer without any difficulty. However, recently every time I try to use it I come up against an annoying problem. I would appreciate any advise.

When I try to watch programmes on iplayer it only allows a few seconds of film before it stops running? Then it seems to be buffering (revolving circle in the middle of the screen) and it takes ages to download another few seconds of play. I usually give up!

Tried to watch the Martin Luther King documentary and it took five minutes to view about two minutes of the film.

Any advise please?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Mal I don't bother watching it that way, ITV Catchup is the same, mostly in the evening though when the servers are busier.

If you download it in the morning it is fast download then you have 30 days to watch it. Even if you watch it in the evening you wont have the buffering problems. It is also better picture. 4oD is the same, download it in the morning and watch it when you want.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Lord B, like Beemermal I was getting fed up watching things on iplayer but thought that it was because we only just get broadband as we are quite a distance from the exchange.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I have read where the ISPs are getting fed up with the BBC, didn't mention C4 or ITV but probably meant them also. They say that people downloading or streaming is putting up too much strain on their servers, they want the BBC to pay towards the cost. They are refusing so expect in the future the ISPs to start monitoring and charging. I think the problem at the moment is with OFCOM.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts