New awning leaking from rail

May 25, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I’ve bought a new awning (camptech) and it’s leaking in 3 or 4 places where it goes in to the awing rail. Anyone know how to rectify this ?

Thanks in advance
Scott

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes new awnings do leak slightly but stop quite quickly when the material has responded. Cann often occur in stitched seams but goes when the stitches have expanded. Your description is very limited as to where the leakage is and how bad it is. I would tend to leave it for a while until it next rains and then see what it is like. Alternatively take it down and re- erect it making sure it is well tensioned.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
I know that the advice given here is very true for canvas awnings but I’m not so sure about the more modern awning materials. 🤔

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I know that the advice given here is very true for canvas awnings but I’m not so sure about the more modern awning materials. 🤔
It worked for me on a Dorema awning with a Tencate roof. It’s the stitching that’s needs to expand into the awning material.
Just have to wait and see how the OP fares.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Yes same for modern awning. I had a new Isabella awning and reading the instructions it stated after a few outings in the rain the stitching would expand to seal any gaps made during manufacturing..Apparently its the stitching that swells not the materials.

Reactions: Dustydog and GaryB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually after a few times out with our new Vango Awning we sprayed ours with Fabsil Gold Universal protector once it was dried ,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts