Bed slats sticking!

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi- wondering if anyone can help. Been away in our inherited coachman amara 520/4 and had trouble with the front bed slats. When I pull them out they jam and I end up having to limbo underneath and reach into the cupboard to lift the last couple of slats through the slot- they seem to tilt so don’t come through properly. Any solutions?? Getting friction burns from wiggling underneath :silly: Thanks !!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
The tapes that hold the string of slats together is usually held to each slat by 2 or 3 staples underneath. If any of these have come out or loose the slat may not pull through evenly so more grazed arms squeezing to untangle them!

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I find with mine that rather than pushing the slats together from the far end, and then pushing them in in one go, it is best to feed each slat slowly in separately taking care to push the slat in squarely from both sides. It also helps if the webbing is pushed downwards, rather than randomly on either side. After the first few slats, if I hear them 'drop' I know the rest will usually go in easily. This technique works 4 times out of five; if not I pull out and start again..

EDIT, just realised that you are having problems pulling the slats out ..... not pushing them back in!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts