Beginning to despair!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thinking back to about 1982/83. At the traffic lights at a T junction turning right there was a Fiat 124 stopped next to me on the right. Lights went green and we all moved forward. About 3/4 way across the Fiat came to grinding halt stopping the morning rush hour traffic.
Some of us got out our cars to help pushed the Fiat out of the way and that was when we realised the brakes were locked on full for no reason. We had to bounce the car out of the way to clear the road.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Thinking back to about 1982/83. At the traffic lights at a T junction turning right there was a Fiat 124 stopped next to me on the right. Lights went green and we all moved forward. About 3/4 way across the Fiat came to grinding halt stopping the morning rush hour traffic.
Some of us got out our cars to help pushed the Fiat out of the way and that was when we realised the brakes were locked on full for no reason. We had to bounce the car out of the way to clear the road.
The Fiat 124 had a strange handbrake - it had disc brakes front & rear, very unusual for the era and the handbrake worked by mechanically pushing the brake piston so that the pads clamped the rear discs. I had one, ESO706F, I quite like it but it rusted badly.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Fiat 124 had a strange handbrake - it had disc brakes front & rear, very unusual for the era and the handbrake worked by mechanically pushing the brake piston so that the pads clamped the rear discs. I had one, ESO706F, I quite like it but it rusted badly.
The vehicle was almost brand new and was being driven by the dealer's driver back to the garage after having just filled up. Most embrassing for the dealer. LOL!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts