Berwick-upon-tweed, good site required.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all it looks like the Seaview CC site at Berwick is a non starter, Could any one suggest a good site near to Berwick-upon-tweed? For two (getting on a bit) adults and 1 west highland terrier. All suggestions greatly accepted, especially those with hard standings and fully serviced, and a watering hole and eatery within walking distance. (don't ask for much do we!)

Allan & Gill.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Seafield Caravan Park in Seahouses is well worth a look. We have stayed thir on a couple of occasions ( the last June 06) and is well placed next to the village and for touring Northumberland.

Berwick Upon Tweed, Bamburgh, Holy Island and Alnwick are all within easy reach.

Park is primarily statics and log cabins but has a small touring area for about 20 vans. All pitches are hardstanding and fully serviced.

There is a small lesisure club on site with a small pool, cafe/bar, gym etc Use of the pool is included in the fees and it is quiet as it does not provide entertainment etc.

Only down side are the fees are a bit steep unless you plan to make full use of the fully serviced pitch and other facilities.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seafield Caravan Park in Seahouses is well worth a look. We have stayed thir on a couple of occasions ( the last June 06) and is well placed next to the village and for touring Northumberland.

Berwick Upon Tweed, Bamburgh, Holy Island and Alnwick are all within easy reach.

Park is primarily statics and log cabins but has a small touring area for about 20 vans. All pitches are hardstanding and fully serviced.

There is a small lesisure club on site with a small pool, cafe/bar, gym etc Use of the pool is included in the fees and it is quiet as it does not provide entertainment etc.

Only down side are the fees are a bit steep unless you plan to make full use of the fully serviced pitch and other facilities.
Thanks for that info SPG.

A & G.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allan & Gill.

Further to your post Re:- Berwick-upon-tweed. We stayed at the CC site at Whitley Bay which is not a million miles from the Berwick area.

Fantastic views out to sea overlooking the light-house. Plenty of places to go in the area and a pub just up the road.

The wardens were very helpful and all in all a fantastic 10 day stay.

Obviously if your choice is Berwick then Whitley Bay would be of no use, however if you do decide to go you would not be disappointed.

Best regards

Nidge

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allan & Gill.

Further to your post Re:- Berwick-upon-tweed. We stayed at the CC site at Whitley Bay which is not a million miles from the Berwick area.

Fantastic views out to sea overlooking the light-house. Plenty of places to go in the area and a pub just up the road.

Obviously if your choice is Berwick then Whitley Bay would be of no use, however if you do decide to go you would not be disappointed.

Best regards

Nidge
Thanks for the info Nidge.

A & G.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allan & Gill.

Best regards

Nidge
Forgot to say that there are no fully serviced pitches, however they do have hard standings (some are sloping).

Nidge

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Have you considered Ord House Caravan Park? It is just on the outskirts of Berwick and has (or did have) a section with hardstanding serviced pitches. Small clubhouse on site which does meals and all facilities clean and tidy. It is a few years since we were there but you could check out details on its website, it is listed as a Best of British Park. There are also quite a few statics on site but it seemed a relatively quiet site, definitely not the same type of park as the Haven parks with lots of entertainment going on at all hours.

Robert

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi folks,

I know of 2 lovely sites but .....no pubs or eating establishments within walking distance.

1.River Breamish,Powburn,Alnwick

This is a very popular site so gets booked up very quickly....even in the off season.It has hard standings and grass and a superb toilet block.If you do go here I can give you the name of a pub which is a fair drive away but has great food.

1.Nunnykirk.

This is a non facility site which is a haven of peace & quiet.Not particularly near anywhere.

Good dog walking adjacent to the site.

Grat NT properties to see.....particularly at Rothbury.

We thought this site was a really great find.

Maureen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Have you considered Ord House Caravan Park? It is just on the outskirts of Berwick and has (or did have) a section with hardstanding serviced pitches. Small clubhouse on site which does meals and all facilities clean and tidy. It is a few years since we were there but you could check out details on its website, it is listed as a Best of British Park. There are also quite a few statics on site but it seemed a relatively quiet site, definitely not the same type of park as the Haven parks with lots of entertainment going on at all hours.

Robert
Thanks for the info Rob.

A & G.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks,

I know of 2 lovely sites but .....no pubs or eating establishments within walking distance.

1.River Breamish,Powburn,Alnwick

This is a very popular site so gets booked up very quickly....even in the off season.It has hard standings and grass and a superb toilet block.If you do go here I can give you the name of a pub which is a fair drive away but has great food.

1.Nunnykirk.

This is a non facility site which is a haven of peace & quiet.Not particularly near anywhere.

Good dog walking adjacent to the site.

Grat NT properties to see.....particularly at Rothbury.

We thought this site was a really great find.

Maureen
Thank you for the Info Maureen.

A & G.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't meet all your requirments, but there is a very good CL just out of Kelso which has hardd standings and a gym and pool adjacent. In the CC book under Kelso (Borders)

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
We found Ord House to be fine, River Breamish excellent, had a look at Seaview and wasn`t impressed, Haggerston Castle - arrrggghhhhh!!

May 15, 2005
Visit site
hi there, Ord house is a nice site, facilities immaculate.

If you do go there a good pitching area is in what they call the Orchard. this area is more secluded and quiet, all hardstanding also in this area, with small hedges seperating the pitches. You would need to be careful where they put you as some area's of this site are hilly and you would need leveling blocks.

I have looked around Seaview CC site and thougt it to be OK and quieter than Ord House, however I have to agree that the local housing estate opposite the site looks a little dodgy!

Then again they say Berwick generaly is going down hill and loosing its appeal.

I have stayed Seafield Park, Seahouses, again well kept site large static site with a small touring area which is near to the leisutre complex. all hardstanding with water and electric to each pitch. I must admit I thought the toilet and shower facilities had been let go down hill a bit.

However I found it to be very pricey even if you were using the leisure facilities, and with out sounding snobbish the high price didn't seem to detract the aray of lager lowts on site.

We were kept awake by a bunch playing football near our caravan until the early hours. Not what I expected.

I have also looked around the River Breamish CC site and thought this site looked great, a little cut off but easy access to Alnwick & A1 (12 miles), also exploring Wooler and the cheviot hills, etc.

Another site to consider is the CCC site nr Craster called Dunstan Hill, just further south along the coast from Seahouses.

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
If you are a member of the Caravan Club there is an excellent CL just off the A1 leading down to Eyemouth. This is only about 10 miles north of Berwick.

Another good CL is The Plough Inn at Allerdene. Again not far off the A1. This time only about four miles from Berwick.

Ord House is a very nice site, although it can be a bit noisy at times.

There is a nice site at Coldingham called Scoutscroft which has a touring section. This is three miles north of Eyemouth handy for Berwick and Edinburgh.

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts