Berwick-upon-Tweed

We are planning to stay at the Caravan Club's Seaview site at Berwick this Easter. There are just the two of us so a clean toilet and shower block is enough, and I fancy a hard standing as the weather may not be brilliant.

Has any one stayed there? Apparently it is close to a main line rail track and on the coast. Do these cause any problems?

Any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed there last year for a couple of days on our way back from Scotland and yes there is a train track to the back of the site it is the main line to Edinburgh therefore can be very noisy, we were unlucky as track repairs were been carried out while we stayed so the noise didn't stop at 11pm. Apart from the trains, the site is situated in a housing estate and is quite small, the facilities are good and very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Try to avoid the back of the site, and you may get a good night's sleep.

BML

Dec 30, 2004
Visit site
I visited this site on my way round the cosat collecting sites for the guide I was writing of sites with a view of the sea. I have to admit to beeing a deaf old sod so I could not hear the trains.

This what I wrote about it."This the northernmost Caravan Club club site in England and not only does it offer the spectacular scenery of Northumberland but it is close enough to Scotland to *** across the border and explore. The site overlooks the river estuary and the bay, has wonderful views of Holy Island yet is only a 20-minute walk into Berwick with its Elizabethan ramparts, shops and places of interest. There are miles of unspoilt and safe beaches, small castles, pele towers and romantic ruins within close distance. The site is good for children because the clean golden sands at Spittal, with safe bathing and play facilities is nearby. The golf club at Goswick is highly rated as one of the best links courses in the north. This site and its facilities are up to the normal high Caravan Club standards. Newspapers are available round the corner from the site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed here last September. Very popular - get your booking in now for the time you want.

Had a pitch at the top of the site next to the rail line - noise not nearly as bad as you would think - no problem is you have most of the windows closed - as is likely around Easter. Approach road a bit steep and some of the pitches a little short for a large van, but all facilities to usual CC standards. Good walk down between houses opposite, onto front and along to the bridge into Berwick. Big supermarket and petrol on road into Berwick, come out of site, turn left and then right at roundabout.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes,we were woken at 5am every morning by a long goods train,but its the best holiday we've ever had.Site usual CC standard and loads to see and do in the area. Highly recommend it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts