Best Caravan Sat Nav

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I use an Avtex badged Garmin...which does let us set the size of the outfit.

But an interesting story... So I had a service loan car from Volvo, which was one of the new Android Auto based cars. I set a route to Felixstowe, (from Colchester) and was surprised to find that the SatNav was not taking us North on the A12 and along the A14, but was proceding towards Harwich, and said we should take the Ferry (a foot ferry) from Harwich to Felixstowe! Riidiculous that Google Maps includes non-vehicular ferries.
Google Maps gives a choice of car / public transport / walking / cycling / flying - if you use the wrong setting it'll give the wrong route!

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Very helpful for walkers using it though 🤔
Not really as we found out in Bath centre recently. It would show us the way to go and show that we had to turn right. When you got to the corner to turn right it showed that you had to retrace your steps and then turn left. When we got to where we were supposed to turn left it showed for us to retrace our steps to the place where you turned right. At that point we gave up and had a coffee and a bite to eat at a takeaway place.

On make inquiries others remarked about the same issues in town centres with Google not being correct and playing games.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not really as we found out in Bath centre recently. It would show us the way to go and show that we had to turn right. When you got to the corner to turn right it showed that you had to retrace your steps and then turn left. When we got to where we were supposed to turn left it showed for us to retrace our steps to the place where you turned right. At that point we gave up and had a coffee and a bite to eat at a takeaway place.

On make inquiries others remarked about the same issues in town centres with Google not being correct and playing games.
Think of your step rating🤪🤪

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
I use an Avtex badged Garmin...which does let us set the size of the outfit.

But an interesting story... So I had a service loan car from Volvo, which was one of the new Android Auto based cars. I set a route to Felixstowe, (from Colchester) and was surprised to find that the SatNav was not taking us North on the A12 and along the A14, but was proceding towards Harwich, and said we should take the Ferry (a foot ferry) from Harwich to Felixstowe! Riidiculous that Google Maps includes non-vehicular ferries.
We have the Avtex too👍
I always update it before we go away and then plot the route and plug it into the car to check the route a few days before we go so I can suss the route out.
On our last trip away to Whitchurch in Shropshire all went well on the journey there but on the way back the A41 was closed north of Telford- the Avtex rerouted us without issue.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS