Best Route To Crystal Palace CC site

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone, would anyone know the best and quickest route to take leaving Blackpool CC site to Crystal Palace CC site. I hope to depart Blackpool on a Saturday morning at around 6am, and reaching outer London for say around 10 am. Any help with best routes would be greatly appreciated, even through London itself.
Many Thanks
Marty

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Marty Looking at the best route would be down M6 then onto M1 but it will take 4 hours and 30 mins and the distance is 243 miles so if you want to be there for around 10 am you have to leave earlier ...........

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Marty, Because of where the site is, there is no `easy` way in. I would go in from the M4 from your direction, and follow the South Circular round as per CC directions. It`s not what I would describe as a pleasant jaunt, but not much you can do about it really. An easier option would be to use the CC site near Denham called Wyatts Covert, it has easy Rail links to Central London, and certainly easier to get to from the North West.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest you go via the black wall tunnel, and not through the centre of london or from the west side of london. north curclar or m11 down into london its your choice but the north curcular has road works. take the south curcular from the blackwall tunnel and just check which local rd your need to get onto to get to the campsite. Its longer in distance but more relaxed, if you can say that about london, and possibly quicker too.
From blackpool the M6 to the M1 is ok but listen out for hold ups on the M6 around birmingham, any hint of a hold up get of at Stoke on to A50 which will take you through stoke and past derby onto the M1 all dualcarraigeway, and no difference in mileage.
Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts