best sites in the lake district

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
hi, can anyone advise on the best sites in the lakes. we fancy the ccc site at kendal, we have 2 dogs, and like to walk and cycle.

anyone got any experiences to report, good or bad.

cheers juliet

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
Juliet

We were at Fallbarrow this summer which is right on the Lake at Bowness on Windermere. Fab site just a 2 min walk from the town centre. My husband went lots of hill walking with our German Shepherd.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello we stay at keswick ccc site weve always loved it, but this time we will be taking 2 dogs with us, (2 old english sheepdogs) so it may be different, when do you go, it has always been peaceful when we have gone, even the time there was a beer festival on at the local rugby club, the lake is fantastic and scenery is wonderful, it does get booked up, ive only just managed to get on in sept, and thats mid week. hope this helps. regards ED

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Juliet

I'd have to agree with Ed - the Keswick site takes some beating. Right on the shore of Derwentwater, Keswick town centre five mins walk away (and Booths' supermarket!), not to mention being surrounded by Skiddaw and the Catbells....and the staff are really friendly (not always the case!).

I'd go back any day.

Mac

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Er..yes.

If it rains hard, you'll need to make sure you're on a hard-standing. The grass gets very boggy....

There are some superb pitches that look out over Derwentwater.... quite breathtaking.

Mac

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, I was really impressed with the CCC site at Penrith also called Troutbeck. Extremely clean and tidy facilities, easy access, breathtaking surroundings. The wardens were spot on, nothing too much trouble for them.

Dog friendly, you walk through the camping field at the bottom, through a small field (unoccupied by cattle when we were there) into open countryside and you can walk for miles and miles.

Penrith is close by for shopping.

Highly recommended.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ooops, forgot to say, the designated caravan part was all hard standing but you can if you wish, site your van on the camper field.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts