Best Windbreak

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have one of those Outwell windbreaks that you don’t hammer in but guy rope each pole as you go along. We don’t use it much, but it did stay up in a stiff breeze. It was just a fiddly thing to put up, and once the awning was up cba set in.
Mel

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Good old cheap and cheerful £10 ones seem to do the job quite well, we lost the Isabella one the first week we used it. The fabric ones are a muddy mess in an outbuilding and the plastic beach ones have been going for at least 10 years. For a quick shelter around the Cadac they're fine and dandy

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Buckman said:
Kevin2306 said:
We have a 4mtr Jormax Windbreak.
Bit pricey but well made and robust.

https://www.jormaxwindbreaks.co.uk/
Kev

We have had the Jormax for the past 8 years and still looks as good as new. Best windbreak we have ever bought.

But how many times and at when do you use them, ( not just yourslelf Buckman. )

We erect ours just about every time we go out as it used to contain the dogs. Also you can see through it and wind does not affect it. Got tired of buying the £10 jobby every year and was like throwing money away. If we3 give up the caravan at least i can still sell my Jormax windbreak.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm with Jormax too. Ours are used around 100 days/year in Spain and 40 days/year in France and have been for around 7 years. They have never been guyed - occasionally the end pole has been strapped to some suitable upright on the pitch but no regularly. High winds which have scatted sat dishes across the campsite, destroyed airtube awnings etc have only loosened the posts a bit, needing pulling upright and a good whack with a lump hammer. Take a bit of getting used to to get the 'fabric' (plastic) flat without creases, not tried on concrete but fine on CCs site hardstandings, Spanish and French hard pitches and a doddle on grass.

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Buckman said:
Kevin2306 said:
We have a 4mtr Jormax Windbreak.
Bit pricey but well made and robust.

https://www.jormaxwindbreaks.co.uk/
Kev

We have had the Jormax for the past 8 years and still looks as good as new. Best windbreak we have ever bought.

But how many times and at when do you use them, ( not just yourslelf Buckman. )

We use our Jormax every time we are out in the van, both with and without the awning.
Fantastic bit of kit on grass and hard standing.

Kev

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We paid £25 for ours from Aldi I think a few years ago. I've only used it a few times but done the trick when we were on a pitch for a few weeks .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts