Billing Aquadrome

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Loads of you must have been here but i dont see much about it, thinking of going away for a weekend there any thoughts or comments would be welcome,

thanks guys

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Davie

I live in Northamptonshire so know it well..don't bother, dreadful place.

I wont say anymore but if anyone wants a run down on the site please ask

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Davie

We go every year in July for a special event, the Land Rover Show that is held there. As such we have a great time because it is not the venue but the company - we meet up with the same people every year - and the event itself.

The main problem we have is yobs coming onto the site and pinching things - our friend had a bike nicked last year and we surprised a couple in the night who were clearly up to no good.

The site itself is not bad - but it is a bit "Haven" or "Butlins". And with the CHAV factor of yobs being able to roam the site at will, NOT the place for a relaxing week away.

There are just so many better options available.

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
hi martyn,tell more about it,we are going to pick a new trailer tent up from there in a couple of weeks,need to stay over as its a long way from where we live,thanks,adrian

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Its pretty much as Clive says.

To be fair if you like commercial sites (And Billing is very very commercial) and you are prepared to nail everything down and keep an ever vigilant eye and ear open you may like it.

The big problem with the site is that it is open to the public so you may well find yourself surrounded by day trippers if you don't pick a pitch wisely.

If the wind is in the wrong direction you can get stray smells from the near-by sewage works.

The site is huge with lots of static vans.

There is a large funfair/club house/motel/bars sort of area which again is open to the public and the public that use it are normally from the near-by housing estates and the site is in the ,lets say, less salubrious part of town.

It is renown for its yob/drugs/chav element, again from local areas

It is next to a very busy dual carriageway. This mostly affects the static's I would imagine but sound travels.

There are a couple of lakes that are popular with jet ski's/ power boats ETC. Again pick a bad spot and you will have them droning all day.

Another bad point is really echoed in Clives post and he will probably confirm this. If there is a club weekend on (and its very popular for them) You will be swamped by possibly thousands of day visitors and possibly an enormous marquee in the middle of the site. Couple this with the associated cars, exhibitors vans and lorries parked on the site not to mention them all using the facilities.

I could go on

As I say in my opinion the biggest fault is that it is open to anyone to wander in and it is frequented by some undesirable characters.

There are other sites around Northampton (not many I grant you) that would be a better choice.

If you want details let me know and I will look in yellow pages for you.

Or ask on here if anyone has experience of other Northampton sites as obviously I have not stayed on any

Hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to agree with all the comments about this site although we have not been there for a couple of years, its awfull. There is a site called Overstone Solarium elephone no.01604 645255

Ecton Lane, Sywell, NN6 0BD that we used to use which was really nice, not far from there, not been for a few years so not sure if they still take tourers but that was really nice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts