Black Friday!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just been treated to a new outdoor jacket as a combined birthday and Christmas present from my wife. I’d been looking at jackets for ages but the choice is mind boggling. So in the end made my mind up and searched the web for what I wanted. Go Outdoors came up trumps with a combination of their loyalty card discount plus a further 15% discount. Saving was near to £125 on what had been a pretty fixed selling price at many outlets for a long while. Hence my reluctance to buy one earlier. So I’m happy with Black Friday.
If you don't mind me asking what brand of jacket did you settle on as my anorak is now getting a bit on?

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it’s that old it will be back in fashion now😉
Strange that you say that as my present jacket is a Sprayway Torridon purchased in 2005 in Bedgelert on the way back from a trip to the mountains. It was Sale time then. Sprayway have recently reintroduced it to their range with changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking what brand of jacket did you settle on as my anorak is now getting a bit on?
I chose a Mountain Equipment Lhotse jacket. Was quite interested in a Paramo but it was almost twice as heavy and required regular maintenance to keep its performance up. Since 1986 when I returned from Canada this is only my fourth outdoor jacket.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I chose a Mountain Equipment Lhotse jacket. Was quite interested in a Paramo but it was almost twice as heavy and required regular maintenance to keep its performance up. Since 1986 when I returned from Canada this is only my fourth outdoor jacket.
Reading up to the jacket, it is a very nice jacket, but although ideal is a bit of overkill for me as no longer do any mountaineering? LOL!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We treated ourselves to a couple of iPad pros. I looked for the best deals, but Apple is quite good at tying the prices in. The best deal I found was from Apple, who up until today, has been giving vouchers. £80 for each iPad, but the only thing I could find to spend the vouchers on was AppleTV. I looked at the choices in the Apple shop. And decided which to buy. But would have to wait a long time for an assistant. So I decided to try online.

In the meantime, I nipped into John Lewis and got an Apple pencil for £96, £139 in Apple.

They also had the iPads for £40 cheaper than Apple.

In the end I went home and bought them using a grandaughters university link and got a £110 dicount on each.

I think I will give the magic keyboard a miss at £350 ish.

They come on Wednesday.

I think you need to create your own Black Friday.

John

PS, also got a cheap(er) winter jacket in M&S

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got treated from my wife a Christmas present yesterday a new D555 Quilted Parka Jacket Big and Tall 5xl it was priced at £110 on a catalogue but i got a excellent saving on Amazon including delivery for £69.99 .

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts