Black Friday!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You should have bought the lamb shanks when we were in Snaignton. Last Barnsley lamb chops gone last week.
I remember that butcher, just off the main road👍
Buckman,
lamb is a like it or leave it .Shoulders will always have fat but that adds to the flavour and should mostly cook out. I noticed they are large shoulders so about a year old, not quite mutton.We but the legs too but again only when on special offer🤪

May 15, 2023
Visit site
Just downloaded this libre office on my laptop and free makes it special cheers for this (y)
Libre certainly looks like a good option for most home use, I have Office 365 supplied by work, where the advantage over the likes of Libre is all the other collaboration and sharing tools integrated to 365, if like me you work with folk all round the globe this is essential, the days when we would collaborate on projects by emailing documents between us are well gone!

Outside of work I'd be very tempted by Libre, the only challenge I'd have is that I'm involved in the management of a classic car club, we have developed Membership and vehicle registers in MS Access, unfortunately Libre's database product ; "BASE" won't open or allow modification to MS databases.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I remember that butcher, just off the main road👍
Buckman,
lamb is a like it or leave it .Shoulders will always have fat but that adds to the flavour and should mostly cook out. I noticed they are large shoulders so about a year old, not quite mutton.We but the legs too but again only when on special offer🤪
We are very fond of lamb and do like lamb shoulder except in this case. OH bought lamb hearts yesterday, but for the dogs. LOL!

However I spotted that Sainsburys have the NZ leg of lamb for £14 a kg and that although more expensive in our opinion is a tastier than the UK lamb. Strangely that something like meat coming from the other side of the world is cheaper than locally produced produce?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday in Tesco we were looking at their cheese board offerings as they had some Black Friday deals. Most seem to have some nice interesting selections contained in the package.

However on costing the same normal size cheese to buy individually it seem to work out a lot cheaper. The main difference was that the individual cheeses did not come wrapped up with Christmas logos. Also the individuals cheese will last a lot longer. Brie cheese is one of my favourites.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 15, 2023
Visit site
Yesterday in Tesco we were looking at their cheese board offerings as they had some Black Friday deals. Most seem to have some nice interesting selections contained in the package.

However on costing the same normal size cheese to buy individually it seem to work out a lot cheaper. The main difference was that the individual cheeses did not come wrapped up with Christmas logos. Also the individuals cheese will last a lot longer. Brie cheese is one of my favourites.
Marketing & Convenience have teased many extra hard earned pounds out of unsuspecting pockets!

May 15, 2023
Visit site
Who needs Black Friday, brought a new TV last Thursday for our lounge,
whilst paying salesman said if the price drops in the next week for Black Friday we will refund the difference.
Popped back today and got £100.00 (y) (y)
Who needs Black Friday? .......you in this case, as it was Black Friday that prompted the refund!;)

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Well, I was just about to purchase a Tamiya Radio Controlled car from Amazon, it was about £5 more than elsewhere but I've been given a chunk of amazon vouchers fromwork for passing some exams so was going to use them.
The car has been £175 for weeks but the Black Friday price is a bargain £197. So I'll wait :rolleyes:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Last week I got invited to join Amazon's Vine Program. This is a program whereby selected customers are given the opportunity to review products for free. Amazon can technically ask for them back but after 6 months you get to keep it.

The reviews have to be honest and unbiased.

So I joined the program and looked through the available items. Most were absolutely rubbish but a few interesting items in there.

So far I've had a USB Hub and a Memory Card reader. The first I gave 2 stars since it didn't meet the advertised listing. The second was great and I gave it 5 stars.

I can order 3 items each day but it's hard to find anything I'm remotely interested in. Today though I ordered one of those thermal fans that sit on top of a wood burner to blow the air around. Also a pair of gel shoe inserts.

I've had one of the fans before and sent it back as it wasn't worth the money but this one's free so we'll see. The gel inserts I've bought before so should be ok.

Who needs Black Friday when every day is Rubbish Day (spelt with a C..... )

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My son has one of those fans atop his wood burner and it makes for quite a difference in what is a large lounge. He says it allows him to delay lighting the wood burner until later than would be the case were he to have no fan. But the wood burner Isn’t the sole heating source as the gas ch ticks away gently at a low setting during the day.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Anyone used one if those fans on a gas fire? I have an Azko gas fire that mimics a log burner so it should work :rolleyes:

View attachment 5915
I guess the fan doesn’t know what fuel is supplying the heat, so it should work. Whether any flame and/or combustion temperature variations between your gas fire and a wood burner makes a difference might have an effect.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have been looking at electric blankets and today bought one that in Argos was £125, but on Amazon has been reduced from £105 to £84. It’s a Which and Good Housekeeping 2023 Best Buy, so we are pretty okay with the deal. I can now turn the bedroom TRV to frost protection setting😂

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have been looking at electric blankets and today bought one that in Argos was £125, but on Amazon has been reduced from £105 to £84. It’s a Which and Good Housekeeping 2023 Best Buy, so we are pretty okay with the deal. I can now turn the bedroom TRV to frost protection setting😂
We bought a Silennight one several years ago and it is still going strong. However for lounge OH has the Dreamland throw.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We bought a Silennight one several years ago and it is still going strong. However for lounge OH has the Dreamland throw.
I think ours is SilantNight. I like it as it is separately controlled for both sides. It is our second one. The first we used for about 8 years. It was still going strong but I worried about its age, so destroyed it and threw it away. Perhaps over-cautious.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Went to Pets at Home brought two new dogs collars one blue one for Sammy £4 and pink one £5 but also engraved pet ID tag (postcode & mob) for Sadie with the discount we thought it was very reasonable

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think ours is SilantNight. I like it as it is separately controlled for both sides. It is our second one. The first we used for about 8 years. It was still going strong but I worried about its age, so destroyed it and threw it away. Perhaps over-cautious.

John
Our only other electric blanket was bought in 1992 when I was working in Cumbria. We rented an old hotel in a hamlet, Blawith, south of Coniston. Gosh was it a cold place. The bedrooms were fitted with small old wall mounted gas fires that looked to have acquired listed status. Large front windows single glazed around 1850s didn’t help although the view out was worth the discomfort. So we bought an electric blanket and the difference on going to bed was amazing.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not happy with Sainsbury's so called offers. We tend to buy packets of sweets for our grandchildren which are £1.50 in the other supermarkets. They were trying to tell us that the normal price was £1.65 and the Nectar deal was £1.50. I have seen similar ruses in Tesco so do not believe all these firms tell you.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our new Nectar cards haven’t arrived yet so my wife could not avail herself of Nectar deals. But she also now needs to get the points out into the new account when the cards arrive. But the nice customer services allowed her to put a large leg of lamb through at half price. 👍

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our new Nectar cards haven’t arrived yet so my wife could not avail herself of Nectar deals. But she also now needs to get the points out into the new account when the cards arrive. But the nice customer services allowed her to put a large leg of lamb through at half price. 👍
If you keep the receipts, they will add on the points on when you get the cards. Tesco do the same.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just been treated to a new outdoor jacket as a combined birthday and Christmas present from my wife. I’d been looking at jackets for ages but the choice is mind boggling. So in the end made my mind up and searched the web for what I wanted. Go Outdoors came up trumps with a combination of their loyalty card discount plus a further 15% discount. Saving was near to £125 on what had been a pretty fixed selling price at many outlets for a long while. Hence my reluctance to buy one earlier. So I’m happy with Black Friday.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts