Black rain lines sreaking down bodywork

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I give Gudrun a really good cleaning and waxing, then two weeks later she tries to camouflage herself like a zebra.
I am using car wash with a ton of elbow grease but it isn't too effective.
I don't want to use anything too abrasive.
Any home made remedies out there?
By the way, Gudrun is the van, not the wife. She just needs a rub with an oily rag occasionally.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Onedrywash for a couple of years now. Easier than the water/brush/shampoo method and leaves a nice shine.
You'll never stop black streaks appearing but the polished surface left by ODW makes them easier to remove.

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Use a motorhome cleaner. There are several on the market. Fenwicks is pretty good and for the black streets, you can make up a stronger solution as a spray. Autoglym's motorhome range is also good. Both can be fiddly to apply but they reward time and effort. For quick, but good cleaning, I use CaraPak which is kinder to the environment. You can buy over the 'net but I tend to buy from them at shows.

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I cured the black streak problem many moons ago by using Mer car shampoo and Mer polish once a year. It doesn't stop the streaks appearing but when they do it's easy to wipe them off with a damp cloth. The shine on the bodywork after a few applications is outstanding and many fellow motorhomers have asked me how I achieve such a great finish. Hope this helps, :)))

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
DON'T use t-cut or you will have clean lines running down your van. I did and now I will need to t-cut the whole vehicle to camouflage the clean lines. What an idiot am I?
You need not answer that, I know already.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts