Blackmore Cravan Club site

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone any views regarding the Blackmore Caravan Club site in the Cotswolds please?
Especially towards walking and cycling from the site as we quite like to leave the car if possible.
Any comments gratefully recieved.

Best regards
Sedo

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Good question Sedo.
I too was looking for more info on this site,especially the walks direct from the site with 2 dogs.
Any help much appreciated please.
Adrian

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm a C&CC member so haven't stayed on the CC site but I understand that it's very popular and up to the usual CC standards from forum reports.
Blackmore is only a ten/ fifteen minute drive from Malvern town centre where the staff at the tourist information office are very friendly and helpful. There are of course guides and o/s maps of the area on sale but there are very good leaflets containing walks around the hills for people with varying physical ability which are f.o.c. The Hills Hopper is a regular local bus service for visitors who would rather leave the car behind
EDIT:
Blackmore isn't in the Cotswolds Sedo, it is in Worcestershire near to the Malvern hills.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sedo
Blackmore is our favourite CC site. It was the first site we went to when we first started caravanning, and it has remained our firm favourite. We have actually booked for the 12 days Easter Bank Holiday and Royal Wedding weekend and can't wait !!!!
With regards to walking there are many walking routes that you can take up into the Malvern Hills. Having small children we actually haven't managed to do this, but alot of people stay at the site purely to explore the Malvern Hills. As you come out of the campsite and turn right this takes you to a a small village which is about a 20 minute walk called Hanley Swan. The village has a small post office/convenience store, a pub and butchers. It also has a fantastic little caravan shop !!! If you go left out of the campsite this takes you into a little village called Barnards Green which has a small parade of shops, fish and chip shop and a co-op for all your essentials. You could definitely cycle to both of the villages, but again not being a cyclist I probably cannot be of much use to you there. The wardens are lovely, always helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The toilet blocks are always clean, no matter how busy it gets and are always of a high standard. I would say that the site can get quite busy on the bank holiday weekends, and school holiday times and there can be alot of children about. However, the site still seems peaceful and is lovely to walk around for a nice evening stroll. I do not know if you have a dog, but it has a small dog walk too.
Any questions, then please feel free to ask.
Sorry, I haven't been able to help specifically with regards to the walking and cycling at the site, but I am sure you will not be disappointed.
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Blackmore is I think unsuitable for cycling from as the road from Hanley Swan is like a race track at all times. Walking from the site is fine whether on the footpath to Hanley Swan or using the many footpaths through fields. A book of walks in the Hanleys was available in the site office, though the wardens have changed this year. The Malverns are not far away and a bus ride from outside the site will soon take you there. Walks great and small on the Malverns give some superb views on a good day. So leave the bike at home, but put on the walking boots.
Hamer.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Many thanks with all the helpful information on the site.
Will hopefully be trying it either in April or may

Best regards

Sedo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts