blackpool illuminations

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a family of 2 adults & 2 children we wish to visit blacpool in october (half term ).

I have just checked & the cc site at blackpool south is fully booked so can anyone recommend another good site after a long trip from the south west,

Many thanks

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Windy Harbour isn't bad for the illuminations. Tidy pitches and facilities. The shop precinct is pricey and a bit naf.

Primarily it is a static park but the touringarea is well laid out and seperate. They have a security guard on the gate which is reassuring.

The location of the site at the junction of the main outer ring route and the junction of the Lancaster road is good. you have your own traffic light controlled entrance and exit.

With all the "lads nights, hen nights and party nights" going on it can be a bit awsome for those who have had a quieter life. There are plenty of door men around so I guess trouble is not far behind.

The lights are good though, we only treat it as a three day break as we are not up for the kiss me quick sea front parade.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Try www.touringholidays.co.uk we have stayed on the Marton Mere Site. You would have to use your car to get into Blackpool. We have stayed at this site before large but very clean. They also have Premier pitches so you don't have to get wet collecting your water and emptying your waste. You can cost it on line. If you are not stuck to the weekend check out mid week it sometimes works out cheaper. We had a good price when we went up there, but I am not sure if it was half term. Good Luck anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts