Blackpool

May 10, 2009
Visit site
The time of year has come around again and we make the annual pilrimage to Blackpool to see the illuminations and spend hours in the 1p arcades (hubby very thifty lol).

Can anyone recommend a site. We have been to Marton Mere and the CC site is full.

No pets just the kids.

Thanks all.

Emma

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmmnnn the lack of responses, does this mean few of us go to blackpool. No wonder Pontins is closing :)

Any recommendations for a sire would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all,

Em

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Emma

We stayed at a cl called Little orchard its in Weeton near Kirkham its approx 20 mins from Blackpool,its a lovely site very clean and also very quiet.but no play area for children .

Tom

May 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi Emma,

Have you looked at Hampton Road Caravan Site.

or Redleigh Orchard Touring Park, Cropper Rd, on the same road as Blackpool South CC Site.

Not in Blackpool but maybe worth a try is High Bank Farm, Hardhorn Poulton Le Fylde or Kneps Farm at Thornton.

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
We are going to Gillett Farm this weekend, a no frills site but just off the end of the M55 and only a few miles from the Pleasure Beach.

It's the finals of the fireworks championships tonight too.

I tried phoning Hampton Rd during the week but only ever got an answer machine.

Jimbo

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
When you say the C.C. site is full are you going by the C.C. web site? Sometimes if you phone a C.C. site direct they have space.

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
Well, we've just got back from Blackpool.

Not the best trip out I must admit.

On the way there, there had been an accident on the M6 south, just south of the M55. All the rubber neckers had caused a tail back right back to M61 J9.

When we got to Blackpool we couldn't find Gillett Farm, they failed to mention that it is now called Clifton Fields.

So we finally arrived on site and unhooked, got the awning out, started trying to erect it and the winds from hell arrived, no chance what so ever of putting it up.

So we then decided to set off to see the fireworks, we setoff at 7:15, got stuck in all the illuminations traffic, so took a detour round the back of the prom, arrived at central prom at about 9:00pm just as the fireworks were finishing.

We still had a good time though, at night it felt as though the van was going to be tipped over the wind was buffering it that hard, pretty much the same all Saturday too.

This morning we woke up to beautiful sunshine and no wind, typical LOL

Jimbo

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Emma

We've used both the CC club site and the Hampton Road site.

If you are looking to get into Blackpool easily, especially at night to see the illuminations/ fireworks, then I would without hesitation say that the Hampton Road site is perfect.

The site is not very big and is located at the end of a residential street but had plenty of room for our twin axle 'van. The pitches are all concrete with grass between so I'm not sure an awning would be easily erected.

There is a little noise from the elevated road behind the site if you are on a rear pitch, but it is quieter than the road noise at the CC site! The walk to South Pier is straight forward from the site and there are a couple of decent take-aways on route.

I found the best way to contact them was by e-mail through their website as the phone did not seem to be manned that frequently.

Regards

Colin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts