Blaina Gwent

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Following the recent sad death of Mr. Peter Law the MP/AM for Blaina Gwent a lot of controvesy has risen. There is question of trying to bribe him with a peerage to stand aside for the official Labour candidate, electioeering prior to his funeral, etc. His widow gave an interview the other day on BBC TV and she came across very well and put on a brave face. There is now talk in south Wales of her standing for MP/AM in place of her late husband. Following the interview I am of the opinion that she would make an excellent candidate and would once again put up a winning show against the other parties. More people like her late husband and now her we need in Westminster/Cardiff. Good luck to her should she enter the frame.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
I see Colin that Mrs Law won the election, I was born in Blaenau Gwent but now we live in the borough of Caerphilly Council.

Good Luck to her and Dai Davies

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson it was a great win for both Mrs. Law and Mr. Davies. Although I am not a Labour supporter I had a lot of respect for Mr. Peter Law and what he stood for. The country lost a good man there. Lets hope Mrs. Law and Mr. Davies can keep up his standards and what he stood for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts