Blank Alde Control Panel

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I’m travelling thru France with my 2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia. Just suffered cable drag which has cut through 4-5 cables. End result is I need to fix the cable but it seems to have damaged the Alde system - the Alde screen now has no power - therefore no hot eater. Any ideas how to fix this?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry you are having difficulties.

The big problem for us, is we don't know which cables have been broken, and if any shorted together, which might easily damage electronic controls, so at best we would be guessing.

Apart from trying reconnecting each of the coloured wires, and looking for fuses that might have blown, there is not a lot more you can do. I think you may need to call on professional help from an Alde dealer.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having problems when abroad , been here and had it , are you not with red Pennant travel insurance or anything like that who you can maybe call on for them to organise someone to come out to your site destination and sort out ?

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for your reply.

Everything is working fine in the caravan except for the Alde system. The screen is completely blank.

I’m hoping that the fuse has blown but I don’t know where the fuse is for the Alde system on a Bailey Unicorn Valencia 2012.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
My heating went kaput whilst in France we had no power and it reset itself I had a Bailey's Orion , if you are really stuck Google the number for where you got your Bailey's from and ring them , the service department , they talked me through my problem and we're great .

Don't know where you got yours from but this is who I rang , it is Ropers caravan world at Catterick in Yorkshire where we got ours from and who helped me through my problem .

01748 818666

Good luck .

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Not sure of the Bailey set up, but you have to ensure the vans 12v system is on, plus relevant buttons or switches which may be on the PSU for 230v. The ALDE screen defaults to blank, and you have to navigate through the menus to the screen button to turn on the backlight. The circuit board under the boiler cover also has 2 glass fuses, though these are 230 v.
I would have thought that the car fuse to the permanent live to the car socket might have blown, or that the fuse from the caravan battery to the PSU might have gone. The latter is within 0.5m of the positive battery terminal so often hidden away.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The fuse for the control panel is in the 12 volt fuse box. That is usually inside the door or under a front bed. When you take it out don’t drop it! I did and better half had to use tweezers to get it back. Other thing to check is the connection behind the panel. Sometimes gets loose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts