blown turbo???

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I would expect to see a lot of white smoke for starters.

It`s far more likely to be an engine management fault, get it onto a diagnostic unit before you do anything else.

ECU/air mass meter/turbo pressure valve faults are more common, and usually cheaper to fix.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I would expect to see a lot of white smoke for starters.

It`s far more likely to be an engine management fault, get it onto a diagnostic unit before you do anything else.

ECU/air mass meter/turbo pressure valve faults are more common, and usually cheaper to fix.
cheers i'll get it checked

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
HI! Angus ihave got 55plate 2.2 xtrail have had 3 Turbo,s go in 36,700 mls first went no power as you said, 2nd went all i got was a very loud whistle got loader as you as you put the foot down no loss of power 3rd one up to know o.k. so as said before it could be engine management of just a simple thing hope so 4 your sake

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi Steve,

My car isn't an X-trail - it's a Ford Focus - but I had the same problem this summer - doing the same trip as last year - last year I couldn't tell I had the van on the back, this year struggling to get up hills I had flown up in 5th before.

It was less noticeable solo, but still felt sluggish.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I took it to the garage for a service and they found that one of the hoses to the turbo had perished - only a couple of quid for a new hose and not the new turbo/new exhaust worries I had been having.

It's like a different car now the hose has been changed. Phew!!

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Ive never had a turbo fail on any of my cars but ive had a few on the trains i drive, usually if the turbo oil seals fail then we get lots of grey smoke from the exhaust but if the turbo seizes up we get lots of very black smoke. if we lose power but get little change in exhaust smoke then its usually some thing simple like a pipe thats come of or split or the main air filter is blocked or restricted.

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Ive never had a turbo fail on any of my cars but ive had a few on the trains i drive, usually if the turbo oil seals fail then we get lots of grey smoke from the exhaust but if the turbo seizes up we get lots of very black smoke. if we lose power but get little change in exhaust smoke then its usually some thing simple like a pipe thats come of or split or the main air filter is blocked or restricted.
Icemaker

Hi! i think the turbo on your trains are a lot bigger than on my xtrail i also work on the railway but on the track that you run your trains on i work on the track around the north west of Scotland area . so give us a wave when you go flying past at 65miles per hour thats the top speed up our way .

cheers Duggie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts