BMW drivers

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Am i just unlucky , or does this happen to others ? Why is it when i get cut up , or some p***k pulls out in front of me its usually a BMW ?

Why is that ? It used to be Volvos but the BMW seems to be the tool of choice now for people who cant be arsed to indicate , ignore give way signs or want to chat on the mobi at 90mph on the M62.

I know not all BMW drivers are morons ,(dont want to offend anyone)

Ban em i say

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the other hand, as an occasional BMW driver (and a careful one), I can assure you that there are many drivers on the road who have a mission to overtake the Beemer, regardless of oncoming traffic or National Speed limits. At the risk of appearing prejudiced myself, the initials W and V (but not necessarily in that order) often appear on the back of the vehicles in question!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
jon, not wishing to get into a discussion about the merits of either vehicles or drivers, I did though think that the joke on the chit chat forum titled BMW drivers was good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a BMW driver I haven't noticed VW's overtaking me but I have noticed that Ford drivers do like to cut you up but most of all try to out drag you from the lights .............. what cheek!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I, as a Ford driver, am not going to rise to the bait on this one. However, the new 2.0ltr Tdci engine will outrun and out pull most other 'normal' cars on the road!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I have no axle to grind against BMW drivers, It is my personal opinion having owned one that they are overrated and unreliable. If going German I would much prefer an Audi to either a Merc or BM (before anybody goes off on one I have had experience of them all). But just to add weight to a point made in this thread, this very morning coming to work I had just wrestled my enormous 4X4 to rest at a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway in St Helens and had been stationary for a couple of seconds. A young and very attractive lady had started to cross at the lights (under the protection of the green man) when some idiot came past me through the lights on red at about 60 to 70 miles an hour. Guess what he was driving ...yes a 5 series BWW in black.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I have no axle to grind against BMW drivers, It is my personal opinion having owned one that they are overrated and unreliable. If going German I would much prefer an Audi to either a Merc or BM (before anybody goes off on one I have had experience of them all). But just to add weight to a point made in this thread, this very morning coming to work I had just wrestled my enormous 4X4 to rest at a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway in St Helens and had been stationary for a couple of seconds. A young and very attractive lady had started to cross at the lights (under the protection of the green man) when some idiot came past me through the lights on red at about 60 to 70 miles an hour. Guess what he was driving ...yes a 5 series BWW in black.
Sorry BMW comes to something when you can't spell initials

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I started caravanning many years ago when the children were young. I drove a BMW then and for many years moving from the 3 series towing a swift challenger through 3 different versions of the 5 series including petrol, and estate models. I recently changed to a Mercedes E32ocdi estste and wish I hadn't. The BMW's never let me down. The only reason I moved from BMW is that I simply couldn't wait for the 5 series touring and I also couldn't get my head round the silly interior which goes againt everything BMW were good at.

Now as a caravanner I can handle the personl insults from Top gear and other less informed people who bleieve we ALL drive at 30mph and block the middle lane deliberately whn on the motorway. Is it acceptable to tar all caravanners with the same brush? So when I hear caravanners having a go at BMW owners then I think the irony of the stuation says it all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well said Mike - God help us if the non caravanning population -4x4, BMW, or whatever decide to gang up on us and ban or restrict the towing of caravans.

Lets face it - if an idiot can call for the banning of 4x4's there are plenty more out there that would like all caravans off the road.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
I was driving on the M6 this afternoon. I drive a Ford Focus (anyone got anything to say about Ford Focus drivers?) I was in the outside lane overtaking a BMW 3series, my front wheel was approx level with his back wheel when he decided to see if we could fit 2 cars in the outside lane at the same time.

I can confirm that despite the popular belief, BMWs do actually have indicators! Although this was of little use as it came on when he was half way into my lane!

I can also confirm that Ford Focuses have excellent brakes, and after clearing a space for the BMW it decided to return to the lane it came from!

Now my point is - had that driver been driving say for example, a Ford Focus, he would still have done exactly the same thing......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jon

I detect a hint of covery longing for a beamer.
Dead right!! I would love a 635CSi - I have lusted after one of these for years - but no good for what I do and I cannot afford or have space for two cars.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts