Boat & Caravan Show - NEC Birmingham

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone

We are off to the Caravan Show on Tuesday and we are really looking forward to it. We ordered our caravan from the October show and got a fantastic deal, and we are hopefully looking at getting a good deal on our awning too.

Just wondered who else was going?

Sam

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
We are going on Friday

What is the best time to get there for parking ?? as we live approx 2 hours away

If the price is right I fancy one of those new

Camos Crank-Up 'Flat-Sat' System's

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The parking at the NEC shouldn't be a problem but between the rush hour and about 11.00 am there is sometimes a build up of traffic at the motorway exits and the access roads going in to the NEC.

It could take about 30 minutes to leave the motorway and park.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We're going on Saturday (next weekend) but aim to get there early. That way, in previous years, we've beaten the traffic jams.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
we're looking at going on the Sunday.

Can the early birds post some comments about how good it is. I wasn't impressed with the show in October as the 'accessories' side of things I felt very lacking.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

We will not be going this year because last year there was not very much in the way of Equipment & accessories. If yur looking for new caravan/Motorhome GREAT but very very litte else.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Roger P and Stephen, I felt exactly the same way as you in the fact that there were not that many accessories at the Oct show.

We bought our caravan at the Oct show and are purely going tommorow for the accessories and our awning.

I will post a report back tommorow night, and let you all know how good it was.

With regards to parking, when we went in October it was absolutely great no queues, we were straight in. There was about a 5-10 min walk into the exhibition halls but other than that no problems at all.

Will post again tommorow evening with full report.

Sam

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
were going tomorrow ( wednesday ) only because we have free tickets. we get there and park about 9.30 no ques for the bus staight on and hot choc just before they open.

last year we tried to get a deal on an awning but no one would budge. i came home printed off a list of dealers and rang everyone highbridge were the cheapest and only

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi SAM

Sorry about the NEC sounds about the same as last year a bit of a flop. You say your looking for awning I do not know what part of the county your from but have a look at Michael Jordon Caravans they have a big add back pages in Practical Caravan Mag each month and have heavly discounted awnings. There phone number is 01483 203335. The other place you cold try is Awning land there No 01457 860118. Hope giving names out is not upsetting the forum.

All the best Steve

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stepehen, users of the forum who find bargains are most welcome to pass on that information, and very gratefully received.

The only problem comes when Traders try and use the forum for free advertising of their products, like a recent example,The Polish King.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Morning Sam,

Can you tell us what time that you arrived at the NEC, & which end did you come in from.

Thanks.
Hi Sproket

We got there for 9.30 and camein South on the M42, as we live in Derbyshire. There are alot of roadworks on the M42 at the moment so allow yourself a bit more time. We parked in E4 car park which was quite a walk to the NEC.

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi SAM

Sorry about the NEC sounds about the same as last year a bit of a flop. You say your looking for awning I do not know what part of the county your from but have a look at Michael Jordon Caravans they have a big add back pages in Practical Caravan Mag each month and have heavly discounted awnings. There phone number is 01483 203335. The other place you cold try is Awning land there No 01457 860118. Hope giving names out is not upsetting the forum.

All the best Steve
Thank you Stephen, I will have a look.

Thank you for replying.

Sam

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We went to the NEC show yesterday as well. It was the first day of the show and to us it didn't seem as crowded as in previous years.

I bough a noseweight guage from Towsure for just over

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

We are looking at a 975 awning.

I have posted under the equipment section as we have seen a really nice Quest awning called the Sandringham Elite (Sorry I do not know if I am allowed to mention brands and makes) which has just been launched onto the market. It has got basically everything that the more expensive awnings have but at a fraction of the cost. The only downside is that alot of the dealers are still waiting for these to come in. Either that or a Bradcot, which is in our price bracket. But we are not overly keen on them. We saw a lovely Isabella at the show that we loved the navy and cream one, but didn't love the price :-(

Even the Ventura prices have gone through the roof. Has anyone had any experience of Quest are they are good or not so good make. Thanks Sam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts